BBR just accused me of THEFT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Well, most of you know my previous story of installing the Hellion single turbo kit on a 2011 GT. There was a very long thread that was inadvertently deleted form this site detailing that experience. I was told I was free to post up the story and status again if I wished, so here's an update.

I'll update with more details later but:

Bought the Hellion Kit
BBR had almost 3 months to tune it and couldn't ever make it run right
Lund made it run right the first time around, but the kit still didn't make close to advertised power numbers
I gave BBR every chance in the world to make it right or do a swap or SOMETHING.
They refused, so I eventually filed a claim with my credit card company.

Well, that was back in February. Last week I got a certified letter from BBR asking for the turbo back. I had not been informed by the cc company of a final decision. I called them, and they said they ruled in my favor. Money was transferred back onto the card at the beginning of the claim but I was told it could be reversed pending a final decision and rebuttal from BBR. I asked them if they were sending me a written confirmation that the case was closed and ruled in my favor. They said yes.

Then I called BBR to arrange for shipment of the turbo back to them. I told Liz that as soon as I got the letter from the cc company I'd be more than willing to ship the product back. She got pissy and told me that she would contact her cc merchant bank and tell them I "refused" to release the product, which was false.

No big deal, I expect nothing less from them at this point. So I'm waiting on the letter of confirmation from the cc company, should be here by the end of this week, maybe next. I received notice today that BBR is sending call tags for me to ship the product back. I call Liz and confirm what address the tags were sent to so there wouldn't be a problem as I have moved since the date of purchase, they are coming to me so that's OK.

Then I tell her that as soon as I get the written confirmation from the cc company I'll get the stuff on its way. She informs me that I have the product AND the money and that is THEFT!!! She's also being a total bitch as usual.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???? I've been civil since the beginning, civil at the end, trying to cooperate and follow the rules here and you call me a THIEF???

I'm even taking a detailed inventory of the kit for every nut and bolt that came with it with the intention of going to the store and purchasing any little nut/bolt/washer that may be missing so they get back EVERYTHING.

This is fucking bullshit, these people do not deserve to be a vendor here.

If this gets deleted I'm going to be fucking pissed b/c I was TOLD I could post up the results and this happened to me first hand.

STEER CLEAR OF BBR!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
I'm surprised your CC company couldn't just email you the letter stating they ruled in your favor! If you got the money back and your CC is free and clear of the charge, I'd just send it back, but that's just me and you've been through hell and back with them so do whatcha gotta do son! LOL

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yikes...well...in all seriousness I hope this thread is allowed to stay and you don't get pinked as you are stating the facts/your side of the story.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ah yes, the BBR Turbo debacle that I couldn't find to refer too when posting about them earlier.

Shitty customer service, lack of common fucking sense and a complete and total disregard for their now tanked reputation. At some point, something at BBR changed for the worse. They used to be such a GREAT company to deal with. Now, I wouldn't buy a fucking key chain from them.

I hope your thread doesn't get deleted either. It's in the right spot and it's just reviewing what you've already said in the past. I remember your being told you could repost it.

I, too, would wait for the confirmation letter from your CC company before shipping it back to them. BBR's current state of affairs would make me very wary of shipping that kind of collateral back to them before I had that letter in hand.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I understand you want it in writing but did your CC account show the reversal of funds?? If so, there really wasn't a need to wait for the letter. The vendor legally wouldn't have been able to recharge you CC again. I can understand the frustration of BBR. Now, if the reversal of your CC hadn't taken place yet than I would understand.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
I'm surprised your CC company couldn't just email you the letter stating they ruled in your favor! If you got the money back and your CC is free and clear of the charge, I'd just send it back, but that's just me and you've been through hell and back with them so do whatcha gotta do son! LOL

Yeah, email would be nice. I've exchanged hundreds of pages of info with BofA cc disputes and they just don't do email. Fax or snail mail, they said for this letter it would have to be regular mail.

I was tempted to just send it back now, but I've become accustomed to not believing anything until I have it in writing.

I just can't believe that now, after months and months they put such an urgency on the return and then say all the shit they do.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I've had charges un-reversed after the fact because I was trying to be cooperative. Wait for the lettier in writing.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
I understand you want it in writing but did your CC account show the reversal of funds?? If so, there really wasn't a need to wait for the letter. The vendor legally wouldn't have been able to recharge you CC again. I can understand the frustration of BBR. Now, if the reversal of your CC hadn't taken place yet than I would understand.

The reversal took place in like February or March b/c the customer is not responsible for the disputed amount until the claim is resolved. That in no way indicates the claim was ruled in my favor.

I did talk to the bank after the initial conversation with Liz when I told them I'd release it as soon as I had written confirmation from the Bank. I asked if there was any recourse the vendor could take and he said in rare occasions they would try and re-run the card, but they're not legally allowed to do that I don't think.

Either way, for all of the processes I went through on this thing I think it's pretty reasonable for me to want confirmation in writing prior to doing anything.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
By the way, before anyone says it, I am not "dog piling" with my statements in this thread. I'll be quite honest and tell you that I'm sorely disappointed with the way BBR has gone about this, and many other transactions, during the last six months or so. When I first bought parts from them, they were a pleasure to deal with and I was looking forward to a long relationship with them.

Now though, I'm just pissed that one of the places here in Florida that were so pro-military has turned into a turd.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
things are always better in writing

And what Tom said. I had very pleasant experiences with BBR, its a shame to see them going down lately

Last edited:

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
By the way, before anyone says it, I am not "dog piling" with my statements in this thread. I'll be quite honest and tell you that I'm sorely disappointed with the way BBR has gone about this, and many other transactions, during the last six months or so. When I first bought parts from them, they were a pleasure to deal with and I was looking forward to a long relationship with them.

Now though, I'm just pissed that one of the places here in Florida that were so pro-military has turned into a turd.

Despite my dislike for Chris and Steve, they were always cordial on the phone.

Liz on the other hand had been one of the most unreasonable and bitchy people I have ever dealt with.

After that I'd think I'd want a new card #, just incase.

Already done.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tom-let me clarify that "pro" military thing up; being active duty and seeing as they advertised and promoted military discounts I had to ask for it and somewhat argue for it; granted, I was not making large purchases with a lot of mark up but I bought tunes, shorty antenne and the Steeda CMD plugs from them and did not receive any discounts.

Interstingly enough is that lately every issue of 5.0 has BBR in it or another company that somehow links itself to BBR...maybe they are so busy getting all the publicity that they don't care about the "little guy" anymore....

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Despite my dislike for Chris and Steve, they were always cordial on the phone.

Liz on the other hand had been one of the most unreasonable and bitchy people I have ever dealt with.

I never dealt with Chris or Steve, only John and he did everything he could to help me out, gave me great information and was great on the phone.

Concur with the way Liz is on the phone and I told John about that when he worked there, he told me not a lot could be done since she is Chris's Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back