niltrous on the 3.7?

JimC

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find any threads - so has anyone run nitrous yet on the 3.7? There aren't any ready to go nitrous kits out there that I can find, but there weren't any for the 4.0 when I did that (had to use a GT kit and adjust).

TheRookie65

Reaction score

JimC

Reaction score
Thanks! I missed that note when I was looking before.

DareDevil

forum member
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find any threads - so has anyone run nitrous yet on the 3.7? There aren't any ready to go nitrous kits out there that I can find, but there weren't any for the 4.0 when I did that (had to use a GT kit and adjust).

UH HUH!! I KNEW IT JIM! Your going the nitrous route :naughty1: lol Well I do have a friend running a sniper kit and so far it seems to be doing just fine on his (2012 3.7) and not that long ago I did install my Zex kit into my girlfriends car (2011 3.7) just to see how it ran and wasn't too much of a problem, I did however have to sacrifice the w.o.t. connections and window switch but ran like a champ once everything was connected and manually used properly, I didn't want to risk anything so ended up putting everything back on my car. Other than that im sure there is something out there that will be more specific for the newer 3.7's all this was a Wet kit as well.

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
Not committed to a nitrous set up - just exploring it as an option LOL.

But if I don't get the turbo set up done by Buckeye Brawl 7 I need something to keep up with Bob. But the turbo should take the "V6 Top Dog" trophy from him; I don't think that a 100 shot of nitrous will do it.

DareDevil

forum member
Reaction score
Not committed to a nitrous set up - just exploring it as an option LOL.

But if I don't get the turbo set up done by Buckeye Brawl 7 I need something to keep up with Bob. But the turbo should take the "V6 Top Dog" trophy from him; I don't think that a 100 shot of nitrous will do it.

I see I see, Very Nice keep updated im curious to see what you find :beerdrink:

el_jefe

forum member
Reaction score
nozzle wise the system should be identical. As far as a plate, we are running the idea of making one for the 3.7. We have had a couple of customers run a nozzle on the 4.0 with great success.

JimC

Reaction score
I used a Zex with nozzle system on my old 4.0 before I supercharged it.

A plate system would be nice for the new car.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
i had a customer/friend on 125 nozzle and made 350-360 WHP on a 5 speed and another on 100 making a little over 300 on nearly stock auto.

The 4.0 5 speed had jlt intake, ported heads, fake dual exhaust. Without ported heads i think it made around 330 WHP.

Auto 4.0 was True dual exhaust only.

DareDevil

forum member
Reaction score
i had a customer/friend on 125 nozzle and made 350-360 WHP on a 5 speed and another on 100 making a little over 300 on nearly stock auto.

The 4.0 5 speed had jlt intake, ported heads, fake dual exhaust. Without ported heads i think it made around 330 WHP.

Auto 4.0 was True dual exhaust only.

Your making me want to jump to a 125 :drool: I too run a nozzle but wouldn't mind a plate setup

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
I woudnt run nitrous on 6 banger lol, just save money get GT my .02

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
That 3.7 should be able to take a 100 shot like its nothing. Just use a high quality nozzle and hope whatever amount of poor distribution your getting in the manifold isnt enough to blow it up.
For a higher shot than that I would be looking at direct port.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back