Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well, here is my thread to see how fast I can get with my little garage build! LOL

See here if you don't know the details.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4543

I have said all along I wanted to do something different and must say "I DO NOT COCIDER MYSELF A DRAG RACER". I just want to go fast, so the you need slicks and comments like that are not needed. That is why this is being posted here and not in the drag racing section. I hope you can understand.

I started my build and wanted to break 10.0 on drs in street trim (maybe on race gas and tune now though) on my 20" drs. I know this is very ridiculous for most here but, it is what I wanted to do. Again I am not a drag racer by no means. This will serve as the thread to update with my times and see where my goals get me.

This car has most of everything needed to run 9.70s or better with some changes to the setup. I have installed many items that will be tested over the next 6-9 months as I learn to put the power to the ground.

With all that said last weekend the car ran an 11.55 at 129.82 mph. The week before I saw 102 mph in the 1/8. That was with very limited traction from not being able to get a good burnout. In the last page or so of the above mentioned thread that has been addressed. I am going back to the track tomorrow night to retest. I will be on the street tune at 688/595rwhp. The car made roughly 807/635 rwhp on race fuel and that will get tested this fall with slicks and skinnies at the track and not on the 20" DRs.

Keep in mind this is not a thread on how to go fast at the track! I know this is not the ideal way to go fast at the track or win a race but, it is my way. I would honestly like to see a 10.30 at 133 on the DRs and a street tune and a 9.70 at 140 mph on the race tune and slicks and a hell Mary on the race tune and DRs to hit the original goal of breaking 10.0 on the 20" DRs.

Then late next spring see what the car really has!

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here is the above mentioned pass.

Here is the new burnout test with the line lock.

I am ready to give the DRs hell on the street tune tomorrow.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Definetly subbed. Sounds like you and i have very similar goals.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With that burnout your good to go, lol

What psi you running in them?

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Billy I hear you on your goals, Same as mine :) Every thought about the Texas Mile ? Im sure with the auto you will accomplish your goals in time and MPH will increase greatly. Just asking but isnt that 3500 stall kinda high for a street/occasional strip warrior ? Would there be any benefits of a tighter convertor to leave softer from a stop and move like a freight train on the big end ? Also, I dont care where you are its a 100 degrees no matter where in Texas you are. Asphalt temps are so high your racing on grease no matter what tires or slicks you have.

Im glad to see you enjoying the car after the extensive work you put into your build.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
With that burnout your good to go, lol

What psi you running in them?

18 psi on the street with the WG turned on with a 4.3 pulley and 21 psi on the race tune on the same pulley with the Trueboost off.

Billy I hear you on your goals, Same as mine :) Every thought about the Texas Mile ? Im sure with the auto you will accomplish your goals in time and MPH will increase greatly. Just asking but isnt that 3500 stall kinda high for a street/occasional strip warrior ? Would there be any benefits of a tighter convertor to leave softer from a stop and move like a freight train on the big end ? Also, I dont care where you are its a 100 degrees no matter where in Texas you are. Asphalt temps are so high your racing on grease no matter what tires or slicks you have.

Im glad to see you enjoying the car after the extensive work you put into your build.

I dont know how the OD would do at the mile.

Fuck ya !!!!! Makes 3 of us, my car will eventually be built to play on long open roads in Mexico :thumb2:

The pulls in Mexico are awesome! I meet a c6 s/c vette last weekend (must have been low boost) that left one hell of a smile on my face.

Those are some stout numbers man hope you achieve your goal

Sent from your moms phone

Thanks!

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score

Same goals here, 9.7-9.8's on drag radials and a trip to the mile and somewhere in the 180's, hopefully all will be accomplished this fall.

Billy all it will take to meet your goals is a little patients on your part, and a little more practice.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Same goals here, 9.7-9.8's on drag radials and a trip to the mile and somewhere in the 180's, hopefully all will be accomplished this fall.

Billy all it will take to meet your goals is a little patients on your part, and a little more practice.

Thanks and I don't mind listening to good advise.

Sounds like we need to plan a trip to the mile after the Oct. meet that is brewing. I can always baby the O/D!

With 4:30 and the 5r , I assume you will do the same?

Last edited:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Thats awesome!! I just love listening to it, i was not watching for the times, i was just listening..lol

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
When you get your car to hook and you get the launch down your car is gonna turn some mindblowing numbers. It's crazy powerful, I was there.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Very nice!!!! Congratulations to you Sir,, well deserved. I don't think your goals are crazy at all! What tires were you on on your last pass (sorry if I missed it)? Your times are not bad at all for 20's! Sounds great btw! I will be happy to get in the 10's soon on a DR (I won't get there on a 20 lol)..

I am in process of tuning right now. Track was not prepped at all tonight, 98* ambient, 38% realative humidity.. kinda muggy lol. I was running some crappy Nitto 555's and not even dr's (don't laugh it is all I had tonight...255/35/20's). Did nothing but spin most the way down the track lol. My 60' was a slippery slope lol at 2.39. I tried to feather out of it but no use... finally started to build up mph and crossed the 1/4 at 114. Have some shift issues we are dealing at the 1000' with but will get that figured out soon enough. My IAT's were pretty high and peaked at I think 168* on a hot lap with the afco dual pass/fans on. When the tuning is all done I am going to slap the DR's on, get rid of the shaker 1000 stuff and gt500 swaybar etc. My rim/tire combo is a staggering 62lbs each.. Left the shaker stuff in to try to get some traction but I could have put a camaro in the trunk and it would not have helped my tire combo lol..

Sure you were datalogging right? Also, what have you done suspension wise?

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
What tires were you on on your last pass (sorry if I missed it)?

Sure you were datalogging right? Also, what have you done suspension wise?

I have Nitto 555 drs 305/35/20. I was not dattaloging on the last outing(computer was dead) but I had on the two before that so I felt ok with it.

As for the suspension, here is a full mod list of the car.

: Engine
· 05 up Ford aluminum block
· Manley 18cc dish pistons 9.0/1 .030 w/ ceramic coated tops and dry film coated skirts
· Manley Billet Pro Series rods coated w/ PD14
· Kellogg 3.75 stroker crank coated w/ PD14
· Federal/Mogal Race series bearings dry film coated
· ARP 3v head studs
· ARP 3v main studs
· Livernois vct lockouts
· Comp 127550 cams
· Comp. Beehive springs moly coated with titanium retainers
· Ported heads with 35mm in. and 38.5mm ss valves with all ports, chambers, and valves ceramic coated
· Steeda delete plates
· MMR windage tray
· Ford GT500 oil pump w/ TSS billet gears
· Ford head gaskets
· New Ford timing chains, guides, and 2v tensioners
· Moroso 7qt. oil pan coated with PD14 inside
· MEZIERE elec water pump
· Autolite HTO plugs
· Innovators West Balancer with custom Procharger crank pulley and crank support
· MSD COPs
· MSD dual Dis 4 setup w/ 2 step and ign. Kill
· JPC sheet metal intake urethane coated by Polydyn
· FRPP polished throttle body
· Crank case evac. System and Morso breather tanks
· Remote oil filter
· Rear head coolant mod

: Power adder
· Procharger F1a with 12 rib pulley . Blower inlet and all piping ceramic coated outside and PD14 coated inside
· Procharger Red Race valve and 44 mm wastegate
· Procharger intercooler
· Custom 4" CAI with filter located under headlamp
· Custom Billet 12 rib setup
· HSW N2O wet kit with polished bottle, bottle opener, perge, blow down tube, Microedge, and all black and silver ends

: Engine compartment
· Derale 16 pass oil cooler
· Derale 4 pass PS cooler
· Battery relocated to trunk , mounted in polished alum box

: Exhaust
· ARH ceramic coated headers 1 3/4 tubes w/ 3" collectors
· ARH 3" O/R x-pipe ceramic coated
· Magnaflow 3"cat-back

: Fuel system
· Fore triple pump hat with 3 Walbro 255 pumps
· Dual MSD BAP setup (currently not connected)
· FRPP 62mm TB
· Areomotive fuel rails
· Simem Deka 80lb injectors

: Transmission
· Lentec Strip Terminator w/ TB and AVB
· Lentec Billet 3800 stall
· Trickflow alum. Pan
· Duel Derale 16 pass trans coolers
· Outlaw shifter
· 1 pc. Steel driveshaft w/ Chromalloy yoke and flange

: Rearend
· Ford 8.8
· FRPP 3:73 gears
· Detroit True Track
· 04 style pinon yoke
· Moser 31 splineaxles
· Moser rear cover with bearing supports
· Welded tubes
· C-clip eliminators

:Tires
· Front tires : BFG G-Force 245/40zr/20
· Rear tires : Nitto 305/35r/20

: Suspension
· Totico D-Spec adj. shocks
· Eibach Sportline springs
· BMR adj. UCA
· BMR LCA
· BMR LCA relocation brackets
· BMR adj. panard bar
· BMR panard relocation bracket
· BMR panard brace
· BMR k-member
· BMR tubular a-arms with updated bushings
· BMR rear extreme anti squat
· BMR boxed sub-frame connectors
· BMR upper poly bushing

: Brakes
· Bear 14" rotors
· Hurst line lock
· Braided SS lines

: Interior
· Custom 5pt roll bars with removable side bar
· RCI 5 pt. harness
· Custom switch panel in console for
N2O arm
Dash controls
Ign. Cut off
O/D arm
Perge
Bottle opener
N2O gauge
Microedge controller
· Autometer gauges
Trans temp.
Water temp
Oil Psi.
Boost Psi
Fuel Psi
W/B
Tach with shift light

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back