transfer pump

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
What would cause fuel not to be transfer from passenger side to driver side tank? I am thinking that maybe I didn't get a good connection on the fuel line inside the tank. Anyone have any idea? I just change fuel pump out and did wire upgrade.

icebox

forum member
Reaction score
does anybody make that cross-over tube? mine got bent when the pump and hat upgrade was done!! :thanks1:

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
does anybody make that cross-over tube? mine got bent when the pump and hat upgrade was done!! :thanks1:

Bent or kinked enough to prevent fuel flow?

Without pictures I can't be sure, but it's possible you could use a piece of thin-wall metal tubing that is slightly larger than the ID (inside diameter) of the cross over tube and fix the kink/bend.

It would be the equivalent of swaging tubing, but for a plastic line.

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
The 340 pump, 39lb injectors, and wire upgrade. Thank god I did this before the turbo install.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, yup I would check that crossover connection in the tank and make sure its on and good.

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
The fuel line in tank was hooked up good. I checked the plug from the transfer pump and it had no power with the key on? Which to me doesn't make sense since you would think it would be the same power the fuel pump uses. Any ideas?

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
I found this thread http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45805. I am kinda at a lost on what to try next. The only problem I can think of is that my dad pressured the tank with an air hose and that maybe it caused the tank to pressure lock or something. I am wondering if this could cause the roll over vavle to get stuck? Would this cause a problem? Should I pull the passenger side see if it air locked?

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The fuel line in tank was hooked up good. I checked the plug from the transfer pump and it had no power with the key on? Which to me doesn't make sense since you would think it would be the same power the fuel pump uses. Any ideas?

There is no electrical transfer pump.

The dirver side has a venturi siphon that pulls the gas over from the passenger side via that line in the tank.

There is a connection on each side via a hose, if either side is off or not sealed well you will have issues.

Being as you messed with the drivers side hat that is where your issue likely is.

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
Well I couldn't feel the turn over valve. I am hoping that by just dum luck that it starts working. Anyone have any thoughts? I am thinking the only thing to do now is change hats or drop the tank and get to the turn over vavle that way. btw I took the vapor system off of my car more than a year ago with no problem. i do have tune for it though.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number for the in tank line?

I need a new one, after all the fuel pump changes in the past mine is kinked in a curve and cannot be repaired correctly with a tube splice.

This issue is making my fuel gauge read 1/4 tank while the drivers side (pump side) in empty and the pass side has 3-4 gal or so in the tank.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number for the in tank line?

I need a new one, after all the fuel pump changes in the past mine is kinked in a curve and cannot be repaired correctly with a tube splice.

This issue is making my fuel gauge read 1/4 tank while the drivers side (pump side) in empty and the pass side has 3-4 gal or so in the tank.

IIRC you can find it on tousley in the diagram.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Not serviced separately. FTL

I checkd with Towsley and my local guy. I guess I will try to repair mine.

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
Well the car ran out gas just using 5 gallons of gas. I thinking that the roll over valve is hung up not letting the car vent cause it to vapor lock. When I took the fuel line lose the gas was hot and it seem to have a lot of air in it. Do you guys think if the tank was unable to vent that it would caused my problems?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back