LAStang's Build Thread.......FINALLY!!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
How I first got her back in 09...33k miles on her then.

24783_111253358915580_6613401_n.jpg

Went through a weird phase with the halo setup..LOL

DSCN1272.jpg

Got rid of the halos and went back to stock, found an Eleanor grille for a great deal, turned out to be a much cleaner look. Then it must of took little over a year to decide on what wheels to go with, finally ended up getting the FR500's 18x9 in front and 18x10 in the rear. Very glad with my decision.

jgytf.jpg

And now finally decided to get off the couch and start today with putting my 3V Vortech H.O. kit in. It only took a whole year in Afghanistan to get me to where I'd feel some what at ease spending this much money at one time on the car LOL.

DSC00374.jpg

Also would like to thank Terry @ Beefcake Racing for the killer deal he got me! I should be getting my tune any day now from Justin over at VMP, but it's taking a little longer than I expected and no one is replying to my emails, will most likely be giving them a call tomorrow.

Day 1:

Managed to get all the coolant and power steering drained
Piping removed
My soon to be even more annoying FRPP manifold off
Getting what studs and tabs that needed modifying modified so that the belt will clear

Figured I'd take it nice and easy. I really don't want to miss something critical, plus I've got another 20 some-odd days of leave left. LOL

I'll update as I go!

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey! What happened to the mat on gravel! :)

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
I really need to powder coat my stuff black, it looks awesome. And you will love the new found power

Nice. Looking forward to the results.

Sweet, good luck with the install!

Subbbbbbdddddd bubba

Awesome, your going to love the power!

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to this!!

Hey! What happened to the mat on gravel! :)

Bahaha that was at my in-laws place in TX, they were watching my son and my car! Now I've upgraded to folded cardboard boxes to lay on! Much better on the back IMO. LOL

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doing the work yourself is always fun too, unless something goes wrong. I was going insane trying to figure out what went wrong when I put in the t56 transmission. Turned out that the plug for the change motion plates (which I don't have anymore) is the same as a O2 plug, just a different color. I have extensions for my O2 plugs because I have long tube headers, it took my way too long to figure that one out.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Alright, finished off the night relocating the power steering. It's a little tight if you ask me, but on to the next step, making this manifold work with the t-stat spacer...

DSC00507.jpg

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Doing the work yourself is always fun too, unless something goes wrong. I was going insane trying to figure out what went wrong when I put in the t56 transmission. Turned out that the plug for the change motion plates (which I don't have anymore) is the same as a O2 plug, just a different color. I have extensions for my O2 plugs because I have long tube headers, it took my way too long to figure that one out.

Haha I couldn't imagine having to deal with that! It would of had me driving up the wall!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back