strange issue popped up

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
took my 13 GT for a quick run to dry it off. ran first gear out to about 5900 and shifted, drove easy on 2nd and 3rd then shifted to 4th and slowly acclerated to about 80 suddenly noticed engine missing and the engine light flashing. pulled off the road and as i turned around to head home the light went off and engine started running normal again. if i take it in to the dealer will the code be stored and readable?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i'm sure it was the engine icon flashing and there was a substantial engine miss to go with it.

TCS sounds like that. But at 80 in 4th.... Doubting that was the cause, however that is the KISS answer

djniknala

forum member
Reaction score
Take it in and have them read the code. Could be multiple things all possibly related to water intrusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
In before the "OMG a stock #8" posts.

Just take it in to the dealer if its stock and they'll get it sorted out. If the engine was missing bad enough to feel it, then the engine light should have been flashing (that's what it does to indicate a misfire).

As far as why, it could be a lot of things as said above from water on the air filter, to coil packs getting wet, etc.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Unless he hosed it off with the hood up water in those areas would be unlikely. Water on the filter with a stock air box nearly impossible. I'm gonna guess that the water was just coincidental.

At 500 miles and all stock I would take it to the dealer. I'm gonna also guess your gonna get the "we can't seem to duplicate the problem line". That's just how things normally go for me but if you got the light perhaps you have a code that will lead to the issue.

I'm going with a bad part or improperly assembled part rather than the water being the major contributor. Good luck and let us know what the issue was.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Took the car out tonight and noticed it runs rough, there is a definate missfire. I was able to duplicate the flashing engine light just by accelerating in 3rd or 4th gear and now the check engine light is on and not going away. they should be able to duplicate it now.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
How is the idle, its only on acceleration?

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
idle isnt as smooth as it was when i first got it but it doesnt feel like a dead hole.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Since it's a '13 you have the hood vents ... did you shoot high-pressure water into them? Maybe you got some water into electrical components that don't like to get wet, or THAT wet.

If the light is flashing, you're misfiring for sure, and you could be doing damage to the cat converters, so it's telling you to not drive the car ...

If water intrusion is what's caused the problem, it may or may not be covered under warranty ... kinda depends on your story when you go to the dealership, and how friendly/nice the dealership is

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Since it's a '13 you have the hood vents ... did you shoot high-pressure water into them? Maybe you got some water into electrical components that don't like to get wet, or THAT wet.

If the light is flashing, you're misfiring for sure, and you could be doing damage to the cat converters, so it's telling you to not drive the car ...

If water intrusion is what's caused the problem, it may or may not be covered under warranty ... kinda depends on your story when you go to the dealership, and how friendly/nice the dealership is

I simply sprayed the dust off the car with a wide pattern nozzle. no direct stream of water into the hood vents and no more water than would have gotten in the car if it had been sitting in the rain. we shall see what they say.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back