A/C Clicking Noise

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
I pray to god this is in the right section. When i turn my A/C on it will start to make a clicking sound from the passenger side by the glove box/air bag area. It has progressively gotten worse to where it does it nonstop now. Once i turn my A/C off it goes away. Does anybody know what is causing this? How easy is a fix for it?

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
Blend door actuator, you need a new one. A lot of these go out, mine did. Mine was under warranty, so not sure if the $. There are several threads about it.

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
i see something on rockauto called a heater blend door actuator. is that the same thing. My ac blows cold and is working fine.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Mine just started doing this yesterday!

I started talking about selling the car again and the idler pulley starts squealing, this clicking starts, and the door panels start falling down! Maybe its a sign!

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Mine just started doing this yesterday!

I started talking about selling the car again and the idler pulley starts squealing, this clicking starts, and the door panels start falling down! Maybe its a sign!

Your car must be female.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
It used to be related to low freon in the old days. Not sure if that's still true
But could be worth looking into

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
well it blows cold and im almost 100% sure its that blend door after doing some research. I'll have to look at the repair manual i have to see if it shows what to do it that.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Removal and Installation

Lower the glove compartment.
Disconnect the temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
Remove the 2 temperature blend door actuator screws.
Remove the temperature blend door actuator.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop. points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps. Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 10 and SJB fuse 12 for at least one minute.
NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds. NOTE: If the actuator fails to calibrate correctly (mode door does not work correctly), inspect the plenum chamber for foreign objects or debris. Reinstall SJB fuse 10 and SJB fuse 12 . Turn the ignition switch to the on position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct operation.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
0996b43f8020523e.jpg

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Have not heard blend door in awhile. Coming from the mark Viii world. They went out a lot and where a complete ass to change. This car looks much easier.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Have not heard blend door in awhile. Coming from the mark Viii world. They went out a lot and where a complete ass to change. This car looks much easier.

Unfortunately it is a common problem on all manufacturers cars. Do alot of Chevy Impalas also. Very common issue on them.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Happened to me a few months ago. Blend door actuator.

Although it wasn't exactly CHEAP, the fix at Ford was $160 including parts and labor. I HATE digging around the dash and didn't have the time to get into it when this happened to me so I just let them do it. I think the part was $30ish, so $130 to not spend my Saturday morning fumbling around with my fat fingers behind the dash hoping that I don't drop THAT ONE SCREW was money well spent at that time for me. Good luck, OP!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back