A/C Clicking Noise

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
also rockauto has them for 13.99
use the code B04454625C74 for 5% off on rockauto you can get them shipped for 16.00.

Last edited:

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
where the fuck is the small junction box?

edit...

i know where it is how do i open it?

Last edited:

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
The Accessory Delay Relay in the SJB (only relay in there) provides time delayed 12VDC to the Window Motors, Stereo, Door locks, and other accessories. Doesn't have anything to do with the A/C.

If you're sure that the clicking is coming from the SJB, that would be a strange problem. Especially since you've mentioned that you're having a hard time getting inside of it. The SJB has an easily removed cover piece on the bottom that is only held on by a pull-to-release clip. Also has quite a few wiring connectors going into it.

That goes back to the previous posts of your having a door actuator(s) problem.

Question: Does the clicking **only** come on when you turn the AC? Or does it also click when you have the blowers on; switch from floor, vent, or defroster; only when you activate the AC switch; max setting?

This schematic shows you the various blend door actuators:

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile=Manual Climate Control System.pdf

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
no i was just trying to pull some fuses out which was said to do by nitrostang on the 1st page. the clicking is the blend door. so specialty coatings you are basically saying it will go away once its used to it?

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
no i was just trying to pull some fuses out which was said to do by nitrostang on the 1st page. the clicking is the blend door. so specialty coatings you are basically saying it will go away once its used to it?
Did you install a new blend door actuator or not?

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I replaced my bad actuator and followed the steps Nitrostang said. The sound has gone away now but I am only receiving air from the defrost vent no matter what setting I have it on. Any idea how to fix this?

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
If you replaced the actuator with a new one, or a used one that was hang tested and verified, then you need to go back underneath and check all connections for bent or recessed pins.

Fuses to check: F12 & F10 in the Smart Junction Box (SJB), F59 & F67 in Bussed Electrical Center (BEC)

And if the fuse is blown, check your wires again. Something shorted and blew that fuse.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back