2013 oil pump....billet back plate

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score

Powered by Ford

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting! I just sub'd this thread. Seems like it could be a more economical purchase over the TSS gears which are not doubt very nice and work, the price is high.

linkwilliams

Reaction score
Ordering mine tomorrow. Im in the rebuild process as we speak. I hear these are pretty easy on the wallet

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Interesting! I just sub'd this thread. Seems like it could be a more economical purchase over the TSS gears which are not doubt very nice and work, the price is high.

I don't think I would choose it over he TSS gears but in conjunction with them.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I don't think I would choose it over he TSS gears but in conjunction with them.

Yup, I'm just trying to get my hands on a back plate from a 2013.....although, they claim the flexing back plate is the whole reason for the gears binding up and breaking. So I would love to see how true that was?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yup, I'm just trying to get my hands on a back plate from a 2013.....although, they claim the flexing back plate is the whole reason for the gears binding up and breaking. So I would love to see how true that was?
Sounds like I need a templete since I have access to a cnc machine for material up to 1/2" ! Lol

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the part number? I'm interested in using this pump.

With a bypass pressure of 90psi might not be a great idea for an oil fed turbo setup. Just somthing to think about even with the older GT500 pump that is around 70psi relief iirc I had issues.

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm in the market for an oil pump for my upcoming build. I figured I was just going to grab a complete TSS geared pump from JDM. The billet back plate seems like a no brainer so I wonder how hard it would be to swap the plate onto the JDM pump, or should I just get a 2013 pump or get a 2013 pump and throw some TSS gears in..... I thought that decision was done....

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Posted it on another topic:

March 2012, 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords

"There is no differentiating a 5.4 from a 5.8 oil pump because both pumps are identical except for their back plates. all internal gears, their swept volume, the front casting, internal passages and so on are identical, even though the 5.8 has a definite need for more oil flow than the 5.4.

Testing showed the 5.4's oil pump back plate deforms under heavy load, costing a reduction in oil flow. The simple cure was to replace the stamped rear cover with this billet -steel plate, and viola, no more deformation. Both flow and pressure are increased sufficiently to keep up with the increased demand of the piston oil squirters. The 5.8 oil pump bypass valve is set for 90 psi."

I went with that oil pump alone and no gears. We will see... I did purchase an oil pressure kill switch from summit though.

linkwilliams

Reaction score
Here is the part number.... DR3Z6600A There are none available in the USA LOL

My wholesale price is $70. Our local Ford dealer said there are none in the USA at this time

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back