forum member
Reaction score
2003 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe
Assembled
on March 12, 2003, Number 5943 of 8394
Color: Redfire
Standard rims (no chrome)
Mileage: 3990
Second owner, purchased new, July 2003 in TN. I purchased from original owner in July 2004 with 1895 miles.
Modifications: K&N FIPK, 65mm twin bore T-Body, 2.76 Pulley (2.93 also) with BF Idlers (non-slip w/ green Heavy duty belt), Borla Cat-back, Amazon Tune w/ SCT Flash, Aeroforce Scan gauge (mounted on steering column), Pro 5.0 shifter, boost gauge overlay to 15 lbs. Willing to put back to stock, have all parts (pulley puller too).
Parts ready to be installed: 6 lb lower pulley kit, SCT 2400 MAF (w/ tune), IRS bracket, drilled rear discs.
Exterior Condition: PERFECT, never seen a whole day or night outside, always garaged kept w/ cover. Never seen rain. Wipers have never been used... ever. Never on a lift. Installed 3M paint protection tape. Absolutely NO dings or paint chips. Front tag or bracket never installed.
Interior Condition: PERFECT, seats have always been covered, still has new car smell, rear seat has never been sat in, seat belt guide brackets removed from seats (still have)
Have original sticker in good condition
Selling Price:$30,500 with extra parts, $30,000 w/out (ready to sell, car paid in full, no strings...)

Click on the Link below to view pics of the Car:

http://www.putfile.com/album/59610?pos=top

PM me if interested. or go to ebay at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...Condition_W0QQitemZ180237355134QQcmdZViewItem

Tim

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome Tim! nice car you got there.... great color period. I think Clay may have guided you here! haha..... I sure wish I could afford it, (I can't). I want an '03/'04 someday.....

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey!!! thanks for the welcome... But I don't know Clay??? Please enlighten me...

I think he chased the VIN down here through someone with carfax. I thought I had seen this car then..... Clay is an admin here. He's selling his Saleen. (A sweet ride as well.)

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
OK, but I just came across this forum looking for a S197 forsale. I am trying to unload the cobra for a newer body style.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, but I just came across this forum looking for a S197 forsale. I am trying to unload the cobra for a newer body style.
Well, a nice big WELCOME to you and it is great to hear that the S197 is in your future! They were definately one of FORDs better ideas....

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
My plan is to go with a powerhouse turbo kit. From what have been able to determine, the kit seems to work well on these cars. I decided since I hit 40 last year, I want an automatic with 500 rwhp to toy around with... and something that my wife can drive...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
My plan is to go with a powerhouse turbo kit. From what have been able to determine, the kit seems to work well on these cars. I decided since I hit 40 last year, I want an automatic with 500 rwhp to toy around with... and something that my wife can drive...
Just keep in mind, that once you go north of 450rwhp (or less in some cases), these crap rods can become your worst nightmare. I'm not saying they won't survive, just be prepared to pay to play.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's not the same person. The car Clay was looking at was in Dallas

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
don_w - Mike at Powerhouse explained that to me and I am prepared to do a set of rods and pistons from manley.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
don_w - Mike at Powerhouse explained that to me and I am prepared to do a set of rods and pistons from manley.
Wise...

Of course, now you'll also have to watch out for the "while I'm at it, I might as well ..." bug. LOL. It's bitten many of us.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
JUST IN!!!!

Independent dealer wants car for $26k mostly stock...(just CAI and borla cat-back)

I plan to take off the pulley/BF 4 pc idlers/t-body/and SCT tune and tuner.

I will leave it as is with mods as listed above and let it go for $27,500!!! Must have easy access to CASH or CHECK

PM ASAP if interested.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Sold to small independent dealer... then shows up at Porter Ford for $30k

I sold the car (back to 100% stock) to a small independent dealer for $25,800. He took to the car to a PA auction and sold it before the auction in the lanes for around $26,700. Now it is at Porter Ford in DE for $30,900. I just looked on their website and the car is gone... I wonder how much it went for from the dealership... problably $27k...

Last edited:

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
they robbed somebody for 27. Retail on that car is 22.5. It's five years old.

Back