05-09 outside temp on your mirror

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
the ford mirror DOES NOT have the TEMP in the mirror, i plugged in the ford mirror and it just went BLANK.

i thought it was that easy too.

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did this about 6 or 7 few years ago, when my '07 was new. But if I remember right, the mirror came out of a Mazda. It has temperature, and compass, it auto-darkens, and it has a Homelink garage door opener.

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
I did this about 6 or 7 few years ago, when my '07 was new. But if I remember right, the mirror came out of a Mazda. It has temperature, and compass, it auto-darkens, and it has a Homelink garage door opener.

Garage door opener would be cool added bonus. Any idea what mazda it came out of?

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
They were practically giving these mirrors away at my local junkyard. Picked up two of these today with harnesses and sensors so I can do both my vehicles. $10 for BOTH! That's $5 a piece. I should have bought like ten of them and sold a few online

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
There is a plug in your wiring harness for a power mirror. The plug is tucked up under the headliner in your overhead console above the mirror. I believe all s197 coupes (not convertibles) have the wiring already in place.

You sure about this? I'm doing this mod right now and there is no sign of a power connector anywhere in headliner. How much of the head liner do I have to remove? I'm already kinda sketchy pulling down the front part, I feel like I'm tearing it down.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You sure about this? I'm doing this mod right now and there is no sign of a power connector anywhere in headliner. How much of the head liner do I have to remove? I'm already kinda sketchy pulling down the front part, I feel like I'm tearing it down.

If you can't see or feel it from the front, then pull down the console and you'll be able to see it in there. Mine was secured to the steel frame and pointed toward the windshield.

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
Im not seeing anything and i have entire liner pulled down. I guess ill just wire it up

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I broke the retaining clip while pulling it out to remove the mirror, but this is what the plug will look like.

IMG_2741.jpg

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
I have a similar looking connector up there but that's for the map lights and its already hooked up....and it doesnt even come close to matching the mirrors connector. Im just gonna direct wire the mirror up. I guess not all s197 have the power mirror connector

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
Just finished my install. It was kind of a PITA. took me 3 hours since I had to make up my own harness and tap a 12V, find a ground, ect. Looks good though. Their is most definitely NOT a harness in all s197 cars. I completely removed my headliner and there was nothing .

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
They were practically giving these mirrors away at my local junkyard. Picked up two of these today with harnesses and sensors so I can do both my vehicles. $10 for BOTH! That's $5 a piece. I should have bought like ten of them and sold a few online

hell i would have taken one for that price off ya :p

local yards are sparse atm

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
hell i would have taken one for that price off ya :p

local yards are sparse atm

if you want i'll go grab all the shit you need, mirror\harness and temp sensor and drop it in a 7 dollar flat rate box, should cost you about 20 bucks in all... just let me know.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
i assume the mirror's you know of are black? would hate to open the box and find a parchmant or something mirror, hah

if black this would be awesome project to do

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
if you want i'll go grab all the shit you need, mirror\harness and temp sensor and drop it in a 7 dollar flat rate box, should cost you about 20 bucks in all... just let me know.

I'll def take you up on that offer if you're making a run. I'll give $30 so you have beer money also LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back