05-09 S197 Retrofit and Lighting Thread

b.mad

Official Vendor
Reaction score
FX-R 3.0 iirc, 3" lens.

I used threaded rods through the mounting holes, and drilled holes through the reflector's and used nuts on each sides and aimed roughly forward, and wound up about right.

Only thing is the beams cross eachother probably 30 feet infront of the car instead of pointing truely forward, but they at least point forward and semi level :p

If you used the nut and bolt method, you can adjust the points to get them better aligned. Or adjust your reflector. For the FXR, the common thing to seal the back is with epoxy.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i am able to adjust them up and down via the OEM reflector adjustment, but it doesnt work left/right since OEM doesnt have it.

A friend was gonna 3d print me some caps to go on the rear and seal on, but he never got around to it. Like I said Im not 100% happy in how the mounting turned out, but I do love the HID projector light output. So its just a matter of me figuring out a better way

b.mad

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah i am able to adjust them up and down via the OEM reflector adjustment, but it doesnt work left/right since OEM doesnt have it.

A friend was gonna 3d print me some caps to go on the rear and seal on, but he never got around to it. Like I said Im not 100% happy in how the mounting turned out, but I do love the HID projector light output. So its just a matter of me figuring out a better way
Another option to look into is the D2S. Its big like the FXR. Just need some aluminum tape on top and it will be like the FXR. The D2S has a threaded shaft, so its easier to work with

b.mad

Official Vendor
Reaction score
2007-2009 S197 Ford Mustang GT500

• OEM headlights
  • Painted Reflector (Satin Black)
  • Painted Bezel (Satin Black)
  • Morimoto Bi-Xenon MH1 7.0
  • Morimoto Mini Graphite shroud
42798515395_a84fe617b8_c.jpg

Last edited:

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Im interested in your conversion kits. Beats anything from amr or places like that. However we need more pictures on your site for the options you provide. :) Plus the pictures in this thread seem to work 50/50. I think you are on to something, just need to seal the deal on presentation.

b.mad

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Im interested in your conversion kits. Beats anything from amr or places like that. However we need more pictures on your site for the options you provide. :) Plus the pictures in this thread seem to work 50/50. I think you are on to something, just need to seal the deal on presentation.

I completely agree! I've been pretty behind on updating the site and threads. Between school and work, its hard to keep it up. But I will try my best to get that stuff updated.

Flickr started being a little weird. Have to look into that for you. And I am working on some new options for the s197's. Hoping to get some stuff out soon!

b.mad

Official Vendor
Reaction score
2013-2014 Ford Mustang

• OEM headlights
  • Profile Pixel RGBWA Drop-in boards
  • Profile Prism RGB Demon Eye
  • Morimoto XBT Controller

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back