05 saleen blown auto

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Hello, My neighbor has a 05 Auto with a Saleen blower with the saleen 475 kit.. she doesn't like the fuel mileage nor the performance she gets out of it.. From my research the Saleen Auto tune is a POS.. i forgot the numbers but after x load.. it just flatlines the fuel tables to 12.5 or so.. anyway.. how much would a semi aggressive JDM tune be? i understand that it would be a mail tune..but I figure there is something to be gained.. if you prefer to PM that is fine..
Specs:
05 BKT3 box code
Auto
20's saleens w/275/35/20
3.31 diff CG axle code on door..never been changed..
475 hp kit..pulley,injectors.etc..
Ht0s
and the PCM is flashed to what ever Saleen puts on for the 475 kit.. i know they reformat or do some wierd stuff to the PCM.. thanks

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
I had the Saleen 475 kit, it was ok, I thought. I went and had a dyno run at JDM and it was 399 at the wheels. After some JDM magic I was at 475 at the wheels, after I got tired of that it went to over 500 at the wheels, Junior can give you all the details. I did have custom dyno tunes done to get to this point.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a conservative JDM tune and a 3.2 pulley. I've gotten as high as 20mpg city. While I was breaking in my 4.10s recently I got 17/18 mpg. Now I'm back to my normal driving of 12/13mpg. :onfire:

RedStang06

forum member
Reaction score
I have an emailed JDM tune. My last dyno test was 413 rwhp before I installed my Meziere w/p.

AND, I'm at altitude, so I'd likely be close to 450 rwhp at seal level with a 3.4 pulley and 93 octane instead of only 91 octane.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My fuel milage is in the 13mpg range in the city and 20mpg on the highway.
What do I expect from a car that runs low 11's and is dead nuts reliable.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We can gain a few mpg and much better driveability from just a tune and our vacuum line kit. The open element air filter will help with fuel economy too. Id suggest at least starting with the tune and vac line. That is a really easy combination for us to tune to!

JimIII

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
We can gain a few mpg and much better driveability from just a tune and our vacuum line kit. The open element air filter will help with fuel economy too. Id suggest at least starting with the tune and vac line. That is a really easy combination for us to tune to!

JimIII

How much is that?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back