06 gt automatic surging and stalling?

Kyle w

Reaction score
So a little back story, I replaced the alternator with a 200amp alternator and the 4 gauge wiring kit you need to run it, went months with no issues then one day I got a check charging system light. So I found that the 4 gauge wiring kit for the alternator melted and fused together. When I was putting the new wiring on I had to get a oem stock 130amp alternator because it fried the power connection on the back of the alternator. I looked up the wiring kit and it said it can still work with the oem alternator so I don’t think it’s that. Basically after installing all that I started it up and it was just fine, I tried test driving it down the road and it starts to surge, and it gives a check engine light and the padlock on the dash but goes away within a second after it begins idling correctly again, and my temp on the dash goes from about middle and skyrockets to red hot and back down and it says check fuel cap? I dont understand how all this is happening from replacing the alternator and power wiring for the alternator? If anyone wants to see what the dash is doing I have a video of it too

Back