07 S197 Coyote swap

AnconaGT

forum member
Reaction score
What a way to make the s197 more of a panty dropper! Awesome build. If I ever come across a good amount of money this would be a option.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, car will get an aluminator sc, boss heads and exh cams and boost added soon. The current engine will go into a new edge.

AnconaGT

forum member
Reaction score
I heard the new edges take the install a lot easier then the current s197?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I heard the new edges take the install a lot easier then the current s197?

I don't see why, there a lot is similarities between coyote and 3v in some areas (they share platform for starters, both are CAN based, etc.) the new edges are more intricate to work with (less room) and less parts in common.

Sick build, awesome thread!

Thank you.

Rpm427sc

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of putting together my Coyote together to swap into my 2010 GT and have some questions. I plan on putting in a AIM Sport digital display and I'll be using the FRPP control pack.

The big question is, how much of the stock harness can I remove? I'm relocating the factory Power Distrubution box where my pass airbag was, but I'll be pulling the relays/fuses for the PCM/Fuel Pumps/Fans since the control pack handles that. Is it safe to assume I can remove the original PCM and engine harness plugs and wiring to the PD box? I'm not sure what body electronics ran through the PCM (if any) and if I'll need to jumper anything in to keep it functioning (I'm thinking about stuff like auto up/down windows, ABS system, etc). The only reason I am keeping the PD Box is for power windows/defroster/headlights/ etc.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Instead of a 5.0 coyote swap, why not a 5.0 aluminator swap ? The aluminator is only like aprx $1k more...and is available in either a 9.5:1 CR..... or 11.0:1 CR.
The aluminator has forged rods, pistons, crank, etc.
Forging an existing 3V eng is probably a cheaper option..... unless you have already windowed the block.

An aluminator in my 2010 would be the real ticket. For the small difference in price between the coyote + aluminator, it's a bargain just for the piece of mind.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Instead of a 5.0 coyote swap, why not a 5.0 aluminator swap ? The aluminator is only like aprx $1k more...and is available in either a 9.5:1 CR..... or 11.0:1 CR.
The aluminator has forged rods, pistons, crank, etc.
Forging an existing 3V eng is probably a cheaper option..... unless you have already windowed the block.

An aluminator in my 2010 would be the real ticket. For the small difference in price between the coyote + aluminator, it's a bargain just for the piece of mind.

Because the 3v will never make the same power as the coyote mod for mod.

Yuslowgt

Reaction score
Thinking of doing this you think it's worth it or do a gt500 swap from a 07-09. Had a coyote swap in my notch and loved it. I just don't know what to do with mine.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I have done 4 of these swaps. I think at this point, the Coyote has proven it self time and time again and think it's a better swap than the GT500...

Yuslowgt

Reaction score
I have done 4 of these swaps. I think at this point, the Coyote has proven it self time and time again and think it's a better swap than the GT500...

Okay that's good to know. I just want to keep all the accessories like a/c p/s and stuff and have the factory gauges work. Guess I'll have to have someone help with the wiring lol

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score

I'm 50/50 on this. Being I've driven several stock/boosted 5.0's and GT500's I do have pros/cons on both of them. Personally though, I went with the GT500 on mine because I like how barbaric it acts.

Yuslowgt

Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on this. Being I've driven several stock/boosted 5.0's and GT500's I do have pros/cons on both of them. Personally though, I went with the GT500 on mine because I like how barbaric it acts.

So you think the gt500 would be a better swap?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
It all depends. You want newer technology and fab up some wiring to make it work or have something that is completely plug and play, despite the plug part is pretty invasive.

What are you up for? You said you already did a coyote swap in a notch so what is holding you back from doing another one in a S197?

Yuslowgt

Reaction score
It all depends. You want newer technology and fab up some wiring to make it work or have something that is completely plug and play, despite the plug part is pretty invasive.

What are you up for? You said you already did a coyote swap in a notch so what is holding you back from doing another one in a S197?

Well I used Florida 50 guages and to me it was pretty easy, we'll to me anyway. I don't know if it will be the same ppl on here make it seem pretty difficult. Gt500 swap does also sound nice I want a fast daily driver. So accessories and amenities are a must. A/c p/s. So I'm stuck your build thread seems cool I love your car. And I'm a turbo man so if I did gt500 I would look into a turbo set up. What do you think?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back