08 dash creak

teeje

Reaction score
I have searched hi and low, everywhere I could for answers and I can not find any. I had a creak in my dash for a couple months then it went away. Now, after doing my struts, strut mounts, lowering springs and control arms, it's back. (Maybe something to do with it being jacked up, I don't know). Anyway, I have removed the a pillar and put foam in parts where it would rub, sprayed wd 40 on any mounting points I could and it's still there. I kinda sounds like its coming from the pedal area but at the same time towards the window. Its driving me nuts. Granted I can only hear it with music off windows shut or door open and me under the dash by the pedal area. I'm cammed and I don't have cats so it's getting hard to pinpoint. The obvious solution is roll the windows down and turn the music up but I'd like the peace of mind of it being gone. Let me know if you have any tips. Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

teeje

Reaction score
Okay well being I've had no replies yet I'm going to assume no one has had this issue. Let me elaborate some more. The noise can occur at idle but it does it more so when driving. Any speed. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. I didn't notice this until I installed new lower control arms and my strut tower brace. I also put in sr struts and st lowering springs and gt500 strut mounts-from the dealer..also have new outer tie rod end links and sway bar end links but the squeak/creak was already there. In order to replicate it at idle I have to tape the gas and you can hear it when idles down then it goes away. I have checked the torque on all the bolts and everything is tight. I use a torque wrench for the ones I know the torque reference for but others I am struggling to find. While this may not have any effect on the front I have the same sr lowering springs in the back and bmr level 2 upper and lower rear control arms obviously all poly bushings except the bushing on the dif which I already replaced. I also have poly bushing on the rear sway bar. Everything was greased properly. I'm leaning towards taking the strut bar off and see if I can hear it but I cant see why it would cause that. It doesn't seem to be coming from the dash but front end. Thanks guy

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
If it happens when you are sitting still the suspension likely has nothing to do with it.

teeje

Reaction score
Only reason it does it when idling is because I'm cammed and it shakes the hell out of it but it will do it 80% of the time without doing anything

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I have pretty aggressive cams with an even more aggressive suspension. Still doesn't move my car enough to cause a suspension noise were one to be present. If you still have the factory engine mounts they would eliminate most of the engine shaking from being transferred to the suspension.
It's going to be near impossible to diagnose until you at least isolate it to a certain area of the car. be it right side, left side, pedal area, etc.

teeje

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like it's coming from the pedal area

07 Boss

Reaction score
Granted I can only hear it with music off windows shut or door open and me under the dash by the pedal area.

..... And how often does this occur?????

teeje

Reaction score
Not all the time for example I just drove to work and it didn't do it at all I cant confirm this yet but it doesn't seem to do it when it rains. Yesterday when I went to work it didn't do it but it did it after leave 9 hours later

teeje

Reaction score
To be completely honest, I have no clue what it was. I never heard it until I installed my strut bar. I ordered some felt tape and put it on the underside of the strut bar and tongued it to 26ft pounds for a few days while everything settled in and its gone. Now I just have to talked my rear end clunk in neutral

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back