11-12 GT500 vs boosted 15 5.0... a little insight please..

KRS

Reaction score
GT500

Motor built for boost, you can easily and reliably make 700 whp.

Higher resale and they’re just cool.

I’ve driven both and in my opinion the stock GT500 is faster than a coyote.

I guess the best thing to do would be for you to drive both and see which you like better. I own a 2011 GT500 PP so I am biased.

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
GT500

Motor built for boost, you can easily and reliably make 700 whp.

Higher resale and they’re just cool.

I’ve driven both and in my opinion the stock GT500 is faster than a coyote.

I guess the best thing to do would be for you to drive both and see which you like better. I own a 2011 GT500 PP so I am biased.
There's many stock engine, boosted, S550 5.0's that are making north of 700rwhp too, and I personally wouldn't like to be next to one If I was in a gt500, especially if the 550 was an auto.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
There's many stock engine, boosted, S550 5.0's that are making north of 700rwhp too, and I personally wouldn't like to be next to one If I was in a gt500, especially if the 550 was an auto.

But none of them provide the awesome torque kick that a built-up GT500 has.
There really is no replacement for displacement

KRS

Reaction score

I was referring to a stock GT500 versus a stock Coyote, this was in reference to some of the prior discussion about a Coyote possibly being faster than a GT500.

The point I was making was that the GT500 motor comes from the factory built for boost, hence my comment that it can make a reliable 700 rwhp.

I think the Coyote is an awesome motor but I wouldn’t want to be making North of 700rwhp on a stock Coyote bottom end.

At the of the day he should test drive both and buy what he likes.

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I was referring to a stock GT500 versus a stock Coyote, this was in reference to some of the prior discussion about a Coyote possibly being faster than a GT500.

The point I was making was that the GT500 motor comes from the factory built for boost, hence my comment that it can make a reliable 700 rwhp.

I think the Coyote is an awesome motor but I wouldn’t want to be making North of 700rwhp on a stock Coyote bottom end.

At the of the day he should test drive both and buy what he likes.
I agree about him needing to drive one to figure it out for himself, but if he sees a S550 he likes making 7xx at the rear wheels, I wouldn't steer away from it thinking it's going to blow up or something, if he happened to like the car better than a S197 GT500

KRS

Reaction score
I agree about him needing to drive one to figure it out for himself, but if he sees a S550 he likes making 7xx at the rear wheels, I wouldn't steer away from it thinking it's going to blow up or something, if he happened to like the car better than a S197 GT500

I wouldn’t recommend buying either car making 7xx at the rear wheels unless he knows the history of the car. There are more than a few people out there who have bought something previously modded and regretted it.

You seem to be biased towards the S550, I like them all.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I saw this bullshit and told my wife she will NOT be driving the GT500. (if we were you)

Lol.
My wife had her GT500 before we met, so there's no way I could ever keep her from driving it, nor would I try.
We actually met at the local drag strip, she was there to take it down the quarter mile.
Stock suspension, stock clutch, stock tires.
Yeah, brave. Didn't do well.
But she did it, and in the weeks to come she impressed the hell out of me with her driving.
She definitely deserves the car.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I saw this bullshit and told my wife she will NOT be driving the GT500. (if we were you)

I keep trying to get my wife to drive my GT500, but she insists she's still not comfortable with 1k rwhp. She hardly even wants to touch my ZR1, and it's not because she's not a good driver -- I think she's faster around VIR in her ZR-1 than I would be in that car.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I keep trying to get my wife to drive my GT500, but she insists she's still not comfortable with 1k rwhp. She hardly even wants to touch my ZR1, and it's not because she's not a good driver -- I think she's faster around VIR in her ZR-1 than I would be in that car.

My wife would be more than happy to take that 1k rwhp GT500 for a ride, lol.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Lol.
My wife had her GT500 before we met, so there's no way I could ever keep her from driving it, nor would I try.
We actually met at the local drag strip, she was there to take it down the quarter mile.
Stock suspension, stock clutch, stock tires.
Yeah, brave. Didn't do well.
But she did it, and in the weeks to come she impressed the hell out of me with her driving.
She definitely deserves the car.
My wife said "you ain't getting the Shelby". I hate you both.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back