2005 Mustang GT - Built 4.6L 3V, 2.8H KB Mammoth 808RWHP - 9 Second Street Car!

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, this car sold to a guy who lives just a few miles from me.

Kind of a funny story...first time out with my car this spring, and I pull onto the highway and get on it a little bit. I check my rearview and see a black S197 accelerating behind me. He ends up rolling up next to me and I saw how f-ing sweet it looked, and I couldn't believe that such a killer car was on the highway near my house (not too many sweet cars around here). We went from a couple rolls and it was actually pretty close (whoever got the jump won). Followed him to the gas station and he explained that he had just bought it the day before on Ebay and I remembered seeing it for sale here.

NOTE: it was on pump gas and only had the 15lb pulley on it. Set on kill it would have destroyed me of course.

elevatered

Reaction score
re: cheap mustang parts

Also, what part of model development do you not understand when I say M3 was developed in 2007 whereas this GT is an all new car, well motor is as the most important factor. I didn't say compare first M3 with a first Mustang Gt that's 12years old. Compare cars' characteristics that are of same vintage. When BMW rolled out e46 M3 it was ~2001. Audi's B5 S4 was already couple years in production and M3 was ahead. Then Audi rolled out its new S4 in 2004 to more closely match the M3. Comparing them is ok but not entirely fair. One is always going to be ahead most likely for a short period of time, unless one of the manufacturers creates an epic model that becomes a classic, like Quattro was. Like E30 M3 was. Mustang GT is never going to be that despite, or possibly even due to, its low price.

Everything has its price. Do you think BMWs markup on the M3 is $20k more than that of Ford's markup on GT? Of course not, there is reason for that. Quality of all parts included on the m3 is far superior to that of the Mustang GT, I guarantee you. No, I am not a BMW fanboi, far from it. And I'm not Ford hater - actually like it the most out of all US manufacturers, in general.

Thats why you never buy the small engine, you will end up selling the car and gettign the bigger engine and it will cost more in the long term

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back