2005 Mustang GT on Nurburgring

jake_zx2

forum member
Reaction score
thought you guys would like to see this... I hope I'm in the right forum for this...
Took my bone stock 05 GT out on nurburgring yesterday. when I say bone stock, I mean everything... tires, brakes, everything from factory other than the shift knob. After that lap, I realized I really need to ditch those Pirelli P-zero all seasons and get some new brakes! but considering it was my first time ever out there, and how many times I had to yield to passing cars, I dont think a 10:35 is TOO terrible!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhT3UXk_QRg&feature=youtu.be

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'm so jealous! That's one of my bucket list things to do is drive around the 'Ring.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
if you do go round make sure you don't crash (obviously!) as it could hit your pocket a LOT harder than you anticipate.

Q) Are the rumours true about the costs if you crash on the Nurburgring?
A) YES - Make no mistake about it, if you crash on the Nurburgring you will pay for closures, damage, cleaning up etc and that can run into $10,000s. Also if your car spills fluids on the track which results in an accident you WILL be blamed for the accident. Do make sure your car is in tip top mechanical condition before leaving.

apologies for sounding like a buzzkill - that aside well done jake, sound like you had a blast!

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I played this on my 70", sat in front and damn near fell off the coffee table as you cornered. It was awesome. thx.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Cool vid. That little tree air freshener had to help shave at least 5 seconds off your time. :yaoface:

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Didn't realize we can fit a Powerade in the glove box...good to know haha. Cool video though, definitely something I would love to do as well!

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Ha nice! I took an Audi A4 rental around the Ring when I was in Germany and did it in a smoking 14 mins and 36 seconds and 2nd time was 14 seconds flat.

I did imagine what it would have been in my 06 GT back at home and now I know! Although you prob got around it quicker then I had never done any type of racing like that. Good vid too!

jake_zx2

forum member
Reaction score
I'll try to reply in order... I've had a busy week and havent had time to be on here much haha

@grimlock: yeah, it was definitely scary with those all seasons! The factory brakes weren't a huge help either

@tgr96: if you ever get the chance to, definitely do it! to rent a car, its around $300, and then its about $30 per lap. but its worth it! you'll see a whole lot of cool cars and have a blast! hell, I got to take a passenger lap in a gt350 while I was there, and that was great!

@waylander: Thanks for the advise, I made sure to look into that before I got to germany. they'll even charge you if you simply run off into the grass. That's why I was taking it easy, thus the fairly slow 10:30
rcrumb: give me a break man, it was my first time out, with a car not properly suited for the track, and I've only had the car for about 3 months. But once I get some suspension and brake work done, I'll post another, faster video. I'm hoping with the better performance and increased confidence, I can shave at least a minute off my time

@sidvicious: yeah, yeah, I know. I got drive thru the day before and it made my car smell like the inside of a mcdonalds, thus the air freshener was needed. I meant to take it down before I went out (evident by the powerade in the glovebox), but I wasn't very prepared when I went on, as the track was about to close and I was in a hurry to get on

@speedboosted: yeah, I didnt know either. was kind of a last ditch effort. you have to do a little maneuvering to get it to fit, but it will haha

@alan0614: defintiely check this one off at some point. see my comment to tgr96

@franchi: Hey, thats not too far off from my mustang! lol in the video, I think I actually got passed by an A4

thanks for the comments guys! hopefully within a couple months I'll have time to upgrade brakes, wheels and tires, and suspension to get a better time! I'll be sure to post more videos, as I also intend on going to some more famous tracks

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL at the powerade bottle. When I watched the video, I said "that won't work" I guess I was wrong.

jake_zx2

forum member
Reaction score
Lol I didn't think it would work either! It was my last ditch effort before throwing it away

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Such a blast, I lived only 30 minutes from there.

2e3c93b8e3e8b0165a42f84a145fad2d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'll try to reply in order... I've had a busy week and havent had time to be on here much haha

@grimlock: yeah, it was definitely scary with those all seasons! The factory brakes weren't a huge help either

@tgr96: if you ever get the chance to, definitely do it! to rent a car, its around $300, and then its about $30 per lap. but its worth it! you'll see a whole lot of cool cars and have a blast! hell, I got to take a passenger lap in a gt350 while I was there, and that was great!

@waylander: Thanks for the advise, I made sure to look into that before I got to germany. they'll even charge you if you simply run off into the grass. That's why I was taking it easy, thus the fairly slow 10:30
rcrumb: give me a break man, it was my first time out, with a car not properly suited for the track, and I've only had the car for about 3 months. But once I get some suspension and brake work done, I'll post another, faster video. I'm hoping with the better performance and increased confidence, I can shave at least a minute off my time

@sidvicious: yeah, yeah, I know. I got drive thru the day before and it made my car smell like the inside of a mcdonalds, thus the air freshener was needed. I meant to take it down before I went out (evident by the powerade in the glovebox), but I wasn't very prepared when I went on, as the track was about to close and I was in a hurry to get on

@speedboosted: yeah, I didnt know either. was kind of a last ditch effort. you have to do a little maneuvering to get it to fit, but it will haha

@alan0614: defintiely check this one off at some point. see my comment to tgr96

@franchi: Hey, thats not too far off from my mustang! lol in the video, I think I actually got passed by an A4

thanks for the comments guys! hopefully within a couple months I'll have time to upgrade brakes, wheels and tires, and suspension to get a better time! I'll be sure to post more videos, as I also intend on going to some more famous tracks

Where are you stationed?

jake_zx2

forum member
Reaction score
Such a blast, I lived only 30 minutes from there.

2e3c93b8e3e8b0165a42f84a145fad2d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Definitely a great time! That's a great pic too, I might have to steal your idea lol

Where are you stationed?

I'm at Ramstein

For those wondering, I just took another lap a couple days ago. still the same shitty brakes and tires, and had a passenger this time, but managed to shave about 20 seconds! It's amazing what a little confidence will do. Still plenty of room for improvement though. Hoping to eventually get into the low/sub 9s with tires, brakes, springs/struts, and experience. I'll post a video once I break 10s

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back