2005 Whippled Saleen 11k miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been on the forum since around 08 or 09 and have learned from much more knowledgeable people than myself. You all helped me with the Whipple install, which was amazing fun for a winter project.

Life has changed significantly for me (lost my wife to cancer) and it's time to move on and sell the Mustang. I have it listed on Ebay and the reserve has been met. However I would like to let folks here know the car is available. It's located in south of Charlotte, NC in Waxhaw and the reserve is set at $25k. Title is clean and in hand.

My listing

HTML:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Ford-Mustang-Saleen-/222492782431?hash=item33cd9a6f5f:g:Ax4AAOSwhvFZBLhA&vxp=mtr

This Saleen is a one owner car that I personally purchased while in Florida in September 2005.* It has been my pride and joy for the last 11+ years, but it’s time to move on.* It’s one of the lowest mileage examples (11K) of a 2005 Saleen that you will find and has never been in an accident.* It has always been stored in a garage and it has only seen rain if caught in it while going to a car show. *This is S/N 1208 and one of 3 produced in 2005 with this same color combo.

The car has been built to be a show car.* It has never been raced or abused in any way.* It has won numerous awards when trying to win that $4 trophy!* (2nd at Carlisle Ford Nationals, 2nd at Saleen Nationals) *While it is a Saleen, it started life as a 3V and a FRPP polished Whipple HO kit was installed in January 2011, which includes a GT500 fuel pump.* The Whipple is a much better option than a Saleen SC since they no longer make the Saleen SC.* Parts are not easy to come by and you need a 3rd party to service them.* To match the Whipple SC, I purchased Aluminum tanks and had them custom polished for a mirror shine.**

All the red parts you see under hood are powder coated Candy Red and not just painted.* The valve covers, timing chain cover, water crossover and Whipple intake are all matching powder.* Even the brake calipers are powder coated Candy Red to match the car.

The car has been recently re-dyno tuned (add cats back) by Dan at ProDyno in South Carolina and it pumped out 493HP and 482 TQ.

The car has been meticulously maintained personally by me.* I change the oil every year regardless of mileage.* Transmission oil was recently changed, Coolant Flushed (by Ford), Brakes Flushed.
Beyond Saleen…* Additional Modifications include

• MAC long tube ceramic coated headers with Stage 8 locking bolts
  • MAC ProChamber mid pipe
  • Stainless Work Cats.*
  • StopTech 14” front brake upgrade, with matching* stock sized slotted StopTech rotors in back.
  • MGW Adjustable throw shifter
  • 2009 smaller SALEEN windshield banner. *The smaller text is perfect to me, but can always be changed for a $30 banner.

• 20x9 front and 20x10 rear Saleen 7 spoke wheels with Nitto Innvo tires.* 275/35 front and 295/35 rear.* The tires were replaced several years ago simply due to the age of the original Dunlop’s.
  • MGW interior dress up parts (door handles, window switch plates, E-brake lever, AC knobs)
  • Clarion head unit with MP3 capability
  • Shelby kicker door subs
  • Kicker speaker upgrades
  • 2010 Mustang Alternator powder coated in chrome (these alternators prove to be much better than a stock 05-09 alternator, although I still have the stock alt and it works fine.* It was changed as a precaution)
  • I have ALL the stock parts down to the knobs on the AC if you wish to have it all.* Brakes, mid-pipe, stock headers, etc.

Attachments

• P1010325.jpg
    P1010325.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 32
  • P1010336.jpg
    P1010336.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Car is sold! New owner picked it up yesterday. Take care guys and I am sure I will be checking back from time to time.

Glad you were able to sell. So sorry you lost your wife and best friend to cancer. That is terribly heart-breaking. I hope that the many memories you shared together somehow bring comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back