2008 Mustang GT Build Questions

StephenEbling

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls

This is my first post but I plan to be here awhile.

I decided to take the plunge and buy a salvage title car (relatively minor damage) and repair it.

I'm documenting the whole build on my YouTube channel.

I figure I would go to the knowledgable people and ask questions as they come up.

My first question is: the power steering reservoir was broken in the accident and the fluid came out. When I took delivery of the car, it drove but it clearly has no power steering.

I bought a new power steering reservoir but if the car was driven for a few minutes with no power steering fluid, will adding fluid fix it or so I need to replace more?

Check the build out here and subscribe if interested in following along: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJt7v6VEHBqNPweO_cZ1guw

Be gentle on the comments as I am taking this on as a first build.

20180305_134024.jpg

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Your biggest challenge is going to be straightening out any frame damage. You'll need access to a body shop that has the required chassis jig, and a technician who knows how to use it correctly.
Begin by tearing away all the damaged parts. As you do do, write down a list of the parts that you'll need to replace. You'll also need to pull the engine to properly expose the frame rails.
Once you get to that stage, that's when the real fun begins.

StephenEbling

Reaction score
Luckily for me, the frame did not take damage.

It was really only the radiator support that was dented in.

As for replacement parts, I ordered 95% of what I need and I am completing the disassembly now.

Should have that video up shortly and then I will begin the rebuild.

StephenEbling

Reaction score
Just got the new seats - swapping from red to black leather

I am still up in the air - how I am going to handle the airbag

I ordered and received a new steering wheel air bag

I fear installing it - I want to make sure that it is safe and will pass the enhanced inspection

A neighbor told me about the Ford part (resistor) that I can install and also the dummy airbag cover to avoid having to install the airbag.

Let me know your thoughts

(I am in PA for the record)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back