2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope you get it sold Terry. It's a nice machine. There's always a buyer and I'm sure you'll find one. I would love to own it, but two little girls say otherwise. Good luck

Also, people who haven't built a car or two, fail to understand how hard and expensive it is to finish that final 10% off a build. It's the hardest part and most of the time it's never done and far from perfect. I believe you have finished the job and that hold a lot of value in my book.
Jim,

Thanks and yes the Mustang as it sits in the Showroom at Gateway is definitely 100% "Completed".
In-Fact it took me like 6-Weeks to 2-Months to get totally Rid of the Serpentine-Belt Squealing that ended-up being nothing more than changing to the Racing Double-Idler Pulleys.
But, once that was done and it was actually "Tested" extensively by DBR Performance as well as myself.
It is now ready for a New Owner that can simply pick it up and take off to wherever they choose with a Giant-Smile on their Face. :clap:

I'm agreeing with what you said as I do know the much Greater builds that end up for sale is actually because the owner FINALLY says, The-Hell-With it, I'm done.
And it goes on the market for the new owner to just maybe get it really to where it's even derivable !!!

Terry. Forget the hellcat, check this out. https://www.lethalperformance.com/2018-mustang-gt-whipple-supercharger.html

For aprx $50k, you end up with a 2018 stang, 10 speed automatic, IRS..and 755 rwhp / 580 rwtq... which equates to 944 crank hp + 725 crank tq...and all on pump gas.

New 3.0 Litre whipple is mounted upside down, like the edelbrock.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2411353#post2411353
Jim,

Actually I have looked into one of the Newer Mustangs as a Replacement.
But .........
It simply comes down to me at this point in my much later years wanting to get something different.
I even looked into the very Limited Roush P-51 Mustang.
Roughly $90K believe it or not .............

So, sometime next year I'll place an order for the replacement and the way it looks it will not be the widebody Challenger Hellcat after-all.
I'm not 100% sure on that but as it stands here is what I see and have now found out from being Super Active over on the http://www.hellcat.org/ internet site.
The overall build quality of them in simple terms is just not that good.
Like, fitment of all exterior panels, paint seems to be a Major issue and has been for years, plus a Loaded-Up 2018 not 2019 (I'd be ordering) is $80K MSRP.
Then on top of that you have all the taxes etc so when you finally get out of the Business Office your probably around $90K.
I don't have a trade-in to offset those taxes on the $80K ............

So based on the above it looks now doubtful I'll do the widebody Challenger Hellcat.

I do so luv it as a true American Muscle Car but this is probably my last performance car so I'm going to try my best to get this one right and it will {REMAIN} under the Full-Factory-Warranty}.

T.

Last edited:

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see anyone attacking you are or being cruel or wishing you bad things. All I see are seasoned car guys simply stating their opinions that you don't agree with or maybe it is just that you hope those opinions are not true.

You have spent a ridiculous amount of money on a Mustang and will never get most of that back. Even if you get 80k you will still be 100k in the hole with that car.

Maybe there is that one buyer, maybe not, but the attached pic is a small sample of what else is for sale at roughly 80k, Shelby Super Snakes, ZR1, Z06 and Audi R8. What has more value to a Mustang guy, a Bullitt or a Super Snake? What has more value to performance car guys, a Mustang or a Z06 or an R8? Plus there are thousands of nice Mustangs for sale priced well below 80k.

The reality is, you can not pay a speed shop to do all the work and then expect to get that money back. Many of us here do all our own work and even then we know that if we get too carried away we will end up with too much money in it.

Attachments

• 80k.jpg
    80k.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see anyone attacking you are or being cruel or wishing you bad things. All I see are seasoned car guys simply stating their opinions that you don't agree with or maybe it is just that you hope those opinions are not true.

You have spent a ridiculous amount of money on a Mustang and will never get most of that back. Even if you get 80k you will still be 100k in the hole with that car.

Maybe there is that one buyer, maybe not, but the attached pic is a small sample of what else is for sale at roughly 80k, Shelby Super Snakes, ZR1, Z06 and Audi R8. What has more value to a Mustang guy, a Bullitt or a Super Snake? What has more value to performance car guys, a Mustang or a Z06 or an R8? Plus there are thousands of nice Mustangs for sale priced well below 80k.

The reality is, you can not pay a speed shop to do all the work and then expect to get that money back. Many of us here do all our own work and even then we know that if we get too carried away we will end up with too much money in it.
Racer47,

Hey buddy Calm-Down no one on this end of the keyboard is pissed about anything.

I don't know how to say this or make it possibly any clearer than the following.

The Mustang will sale for some dollar amount and that will simply be it.

Will I be over-joyed if it's some Super-Low-Price ???

Of course not and IMHO No-One else would but as I said many times it will simply be what it ends up being.

I doubt there is away for me to even attempt/try to really explain with text on a computer screen the following.
My earlier point about guys should wish me or anyone else luck on selling the higher cost builds done by speed/performance shops.
It is to all our advantages that just maybe the higher-end builds bring more monies when sold.
Assuming as another member stated, (They are actually 100% Completed).
Now will any of them actually do that ???
Heck, I have no earthly idea I've never-ever had any vehicle for sale by Gateway Classic Cars or any other Company.

This is all new to this fellow as it seems to me, at least some small percentage it might get me a few more dollars out of the Mustang, maybe.

So, peace brother I'm not here to piss anyone off or gripe about what the Mustang ends up selling for.

Terry

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I have gotten old as it just sometimes does get next to me the Damn Cruelty of people to others

I'm quite calm. You brought up cruelty. I disagreed and backed it up with additional info.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, did u get any bites ?

Nope, I did get a text from a buddy that Gateway has lowered their "Asking" price.

90-Days is up at the end of December coming up.
I'm sure at that point either I pick it up and try another company or discuss Reducing the asking price and of course my check from Gateway.
As I think the majority of you know the asking price is not what I get in a check from Gateway.
In-Fact a heck of a lot less to be honest about it.

Can't believe you're selling this car.

I want to get one more Performance Car and IMO I'm running out of years to do that very thing.
So decision was made to sell the Bullitt so I have those monies towards it's replacement.
Someone is going to get one heck of a Bad-Ass Machine !!!

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Had a meeting with the General Sales Manager at Gateway this morning.
Changed to the following (Asking) price as of this afternoon per me.

Terry

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope you get as much as the market will allow. That said, every car I have looked at on Gateway Classic Car's site is overprice IMO.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
$70k ????

Lol, ..... even at $30k I'd think it to be too high.
It's a 2008 Mustang Bullitt with a bunch of mods.

If I count every dollar in mods that I've spent on my car, I'd have over $50k into it.
Would I ask $45-50k for it if I was to put it up for sale?
Hell no, I'd be lucky if I could get $25k for it these days

IndyEric

forum member
Reaction score
About a third what you have in it, total, is probably close to what you will get. Unless you find a rogue buyer with a bunch of money that just has to have it. Sucks! I sold mine for 9k with 24 in it, it was for sale on a lot in Minnesota for 12 a week later.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
You might be better off putting it for sale yourself on Ebay. Put a starting price that is the absolute lowest amount you can live with - and make it a "no reserve" auction ( meaning it sells for sure if there is a bidder)...to get it to sell that will probably have to be around $30K to get initial bidders. You have to be realistic about what the car is actually worth. It is a beautiful car - and I think it will sell with all of its features. With that said, it's not a 60's Boss 429 or a Yenko Camaro. There is a buyer for everything - and something is worth what a person is willing to pay for it. You might get lucky and find an international buyer who wants something unique. Your car is not necessarily collectible (the Bullitt aspect carries some swagger) but it is indeed unique.

You could also put it up for auction with Mechum or Barrett-Jackson - again with a reserve price you can live with - and hope that a wealthy buyer really wants something unique.

The roll cage may be a problem for many buyers. I'm not sure they are safe in a street car without wearing a helmet all the time, but I'm no expert.

Hope that helps.

Shane

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I could see it getting 30-35. Lots of good cars in that price range, though. People won't want to pay what say a 2013 GT500 will go for, and those I see in the mid 40's now.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could see it getting 30-35. Lots of good cars in that price range, though. People won't want to pay what say a 2013 GT500 will go for, and those I see in the mid 40's now.
I hope you get as much as the market will allow. That said, every car I have looked at on Gateway Classic Car's site is overprice IMO.

$70k ????

Lol, ..... even at $30k I'd think it to be too high.
It's a 2008 Mustang Bullitt with a bunch of mods.

If I count every dollar in mods that I've spent on my car, I'd have over $50k into it.
Would I ask $45-50k for it if I was to put it up for sale?
Hell no, I'd be lucky if I could get $25k for it these days

About a third what you have in it, total, is probably close to what you will get. Unless you find a rogue buyer with a bunch of money that just has to have it. Sucks! I sold mine for 9k with 24 in it, it was for sale on a lot in Minnesota for 12 a week later.

You might be better off putting it for sale yourself on Ebay. Put a starting price that is the absolute lowest amount you can live with - and make it a "no reserve" auction ( meaning it sells for sure if there is a bidder)...to get it to sell that will probably have to be around $30K to get initial bidders. You have to be realistic about what the car is actually worth. It is a beautiful car - and I think it will sell with all of its features. With that said, it's not a 60's Boss 429 or a Yenko Camaro. There is a buyer for everything - and something is worth what a person is willing to pay for it. You might get lucky and find an international buyer who wants something unique. Your car is not necessarily collectible (the Bullitt aspect carries some swagger) but it is indeed unique.

You could also put it up for auction with Mechum or Barrett-Jackson - again with a reserve price you can live with - and hope that a wealthy buyer really wants something unique.

The roll cage may be a problem for many buyers. I'm not sure they are safe in a street car without wearing a helmet all the time, but I'm no expert.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Well guys,

All of you have your opinions and believe me I'm not going to sit here and say your all wrong. LOL !!!

Fortunately in my case I can wait as long as needed for it to sale.
No I'm not going to wait forever but I can wait a very long time if I decide that needs to happen.

Personally as some have pointed out there may just be that one buyer from another Country that the cost simply is not a factor.
That's what I'm hoping for.

I really don't think another Mustang person is going to jump all over it.
If a Mustang person wanted it, it probably would be to Drag-Race it IMO.
And that could easily be done but in all honesty I think sooner than later something would break.
And that buyer is going to be out more than likely some serious dollars for repairs.
But, if a person bought it to simply enjoy it's looks and the power it has on the street they would probably luv it.

I have decided not to wait to replace it.
So we shall see how that goes ..........

Later guys,
Terry

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Well guys,

All of you have your opinions and believe me I'm not going to sit here and say your all wrong. LOL !!!
I have decided not to wait to replace it.
So we shall see how that goes ..........

Later guys,
Terry
Early Christmas present coming your way ?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Tiger, I know it's hard to do but I would just keep the car. Maybe even go back to a T56 magnum! Also if there are a lot of issues, can always detune!

I guess I'm just nostalgic hehe.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tiger, I know it's hard to do but I would just keep the car. Maybe even go back to a T56 magnum! Also if there are a lot of issues, can always detune!

I guess I'm just nostalgic hehe.

Well buddy,

If I did simply pick it back up from Gateway I would be a Happy Camper as I still luv the Bullitt Mustang in all respects.
However, as I have said I want to try at least one (1) more "Performance-Car" that I have never-ever-owned in all these years.
So, that's what this is really all about it actually has nothing to do with the Bullitt Mustang.
Cathy (Wife) and I had a very long honest discussion about this situation and her take on it was, Terry if that's what you want now is the time to do it.
But, honey the Bullitt Mustang is going to have to go in order for it to take place.
It's not often IMHO that you get a wife to sign-off on our CRAZY car things so I'm going to take her advise. :thumb2:
Hopefully I will be able to get one of what I loved back in the mid 1960's a Hemi !!!

Later,
Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back