2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car looks good Terry. Some tinted windows and smoked side markers to cap it off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I use to do the tinted widows thing when I was a lot younger.
Age does a real (Negative) number as we age with our Night-Vision.
So No-Tinted windows any-longer for this Old Fellow. ;)

New ride is looking good..

Enjoy!

Man talk about about a voice from the past. :beerchug2:

There is no doubt in my mind you know what a Hellcat is since you have owned one a long time ago. :D

I hope all is going A-OK with You and your Family buddy.

Terry

Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Have you had any bites on the bullitt ? $85k down to $70k, now down to $59K. How low are you willing to go ? What's it assessed at ?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Have you had any bites on the bullitt ? $85k down to $70k, now down to $59K. How low are you willing to go ? What's it assessed at ?

Honestly it's probably worth about $20K. But I'm pulling for Terry that theres one sucker that just wants a DONE mustang, no hassle, no modding, just high horsepower S197 and is willing to pay more than it's worth. Interesting to see if someone comes along in the near future.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
It’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Honestly speaking , I think this is a 30k car with how it is setup. There is a ton of money into the car, but people don’t give a shit, nor do they know what they are looking at half the time. It is sickening that the S197 mustang is essentially worthless, but give it time .. 15 years ago a Foxbody notch was the same way, now they are climbing in price like crazy. I have a lot of money into my car but I would burn on principle before I sold it for 15 -18k which what I think is a fair price for the car. It is interesting to watch .... as baby boomers move into their late 70’s they look to sell off what they have held onto in the classic muscle space , hence price is softening, while guys in their 40-50’s are buying up foxbody’s G body’s etc and prices are starting to climb.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

If Gateway has they must have not been worth mentioning to me.
I have no idea what it's Assessed value is.
I have had nothing to do with the pricing of it until right now when the next 90-days renewal was to take place Jan 1st, 2018.
I now made the decision along with one of the Gateway Managers I trust and we Both agreed it is now priced to sale.
I let Gateway make the decisions on pricing and had no problem with that the 1st 90-days.
Now starting Jan 1st 2018 is the 2nd 3-months and I am making the decisions from now on on it's pricing.
How low will I go ???
Seriously, I'm right where I think it's going to stay.
It's not priced as many of you have said, cheap, that's for sure for a 2008 Mustang S197.
But, it's priced right for the person that wants something completely 100% sorted with No-Stories, buy it and drive away.
Will I drop the price at some point in time ???
Maybe, but it will be a heck of a lot later that's for sure as I don't receive that $59K guys that also covers Gateway's Commission.

Honestly it's probably worth about $20K. But I'm pulling for Terry that theres one sucker that just wants a DONE mustang, no hassle, no modding, just high horsepower S197 and is willing to pay more than it's worth. Interesting to see if someone comes along in the near future.

It’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Honestly speaking , I think this is a 30k car with how it is setup. There is a ton of money into the car, but people don’t give a shit, nor do they know what they are looking at half the time. It is sickening that the S197 mustang is essentially worthless, but give it time .. 15 years ago a Foxbody notch was the same way, now they are climbing in price like crazy. I have a lot of money into my car but I would burn on principle before I sold it for 15 -18k which what I think is a fair price for the car. It is interesting to watch .... as baby boomers move into their late 70’s they look to sell off what they have held onto in the classic muscle space , hence price is softening, while guys in their 40-50’s are buying up foxbody’s G body’s etc and prices are starting to climb.

Well guys we all shall see how things go with it as time marches on.
One thing for sure the Hellcat has been purchased now and I don't need the monies from the Bullitt so .............

Terry

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
If you don't "need the monies from the Bullitt", sell it quick for $25k and send the money to me.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Brent should desire the car, and be willing to pay top dollar for it. Sell it to him. It was almost always there when I would stop by (which was frequently) and mostly all he/they ever talked about when I was doing business with him.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sadly I have seen over the years that modded cars are roughly worth the current value of the base car plus, at best, 50 cents on the dollar the additional parts. Not labor, just parts. Nobody pays for past install labor. Spend 10K on parts install and it's gone. You won'y get that back.

This assumes that the base car is clean and the parts installed are not mismatched. Both non-issues with this car.

My most recent Mustang acquisition, for example, was advertised for $8000 for almost 30 days before I went and looked at it. I watched it for two weeks before calling. After driving it and thinking about it I offered the guy $7000. He didn't hesitate to take the offer. I think he had not had a lot of interest. Surprising because when I got home I looked up the cost for all the hard parts I knew where on the car. The car has at least $7000 in hard parts. A clean all stock '93 GT hatchback in similar condition in my neck of the woods is a $6000-8000 dollar car. I basically got a free car with the purchase of a lot of good parts or a good clean car with free parts. I don't think I could come close to building the same car at close to twice the price.

Roughly half the purchase price of the hard parts plus current value of a Bullet is likely what it will take to move that car.

I don't know how much of a fee Gateway expects upon sale, but if it dosen't sell, I know what I would do. eBay, no reserve starting at the minimum price I would take. All you need is one guy that wants it and if you are lucky two guys will get into a battle to buy. eBay is a flat fee to sell cars now I think.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you don't "need the monies from the Bullitt", sell it quick for $25k and send the money to me.
Well now I have at least something else to consider. :)

:beer:

Brent should desire the car, and be willing to pay top dollar for it. Sell it to him. It was almost always there when I would stop by (which was frequently) and mostly all he/they ever talked about when I was doing business with him.
Brent knows it's at Gateway so I'm sure if he was remotely interested or any of his crew I would have already been contacted with an offer.

Sadly I have seen over the years that modded cars are roughly worth the current value of the base car plus, at best, 50 cents on the dollar the additional parts. Not labor, just parts. Nobody pays for past install labor. Spend 10K on parts install and it's gone. You won'y get that back.

This assumes that the base car is clean and the parts installed are not mismatched. Both non-issues with this car.

My most recent Mustang acquisition, for example, was advertised for $8000 for almost 30 days before I went and looked at it. I watched it for two weeks before calling. After driving it and thinking about it I offered the guy $7000. He didn't hesitate to take the offer. I think he had not had a lot of interest. Surprising because when I got home I looked up the cost for all the hard parts I knew where on the car. The car has at least $7000 in hard parts. A clean all stock '93 GT hatchback in similar condition in my neck of the woods is a $6000-8000 dollar car. I basically got a free car with the purchase of a lot of good parts or a good clean car with free parts. I don't think I could come close to building the same car at close to twice the price.

Roughly half the purchase price of the hard parts plus current value of a Bullet is likely what it will take to move that car.

I don't know how much of a fee Gateway expects upon sale, but if it dosen't sell, I know what I would do. eBay, no reserve starting at the minimum price I would take. All you need is one guy that wants it and if you are lucky two guys will get into a battle to buy. eBay is a flat fee to sell cars now I think.
Well we shall see how things work out with the new pricing for Jan 2018 that was just posted.
Fortunately I can wait a long time if necessary on this.
It would be nice though if it would go to a new owner.
I then could pay-off the Hellcat and have some extra monies left ..........

Terry

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like everything your new Hellcat. The graphics, the color, the hood. I have an 08 Bullitt that mysteriously wiped the cams journals out.....oil filter packed with oil....have a savings automatic draft deal for a used 09-10 motor from LKQ. CRAZIEST engine fail I have seen. But oh well....

I bet going from that old Bullitt is like stepping into the future.

Rm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like everything your new Hellcat. The graphics, the color, the hood. I have an 08 Bullitt that mysteriously wiped the cams journals out.....oil filter packed with oil....have a savings automatic draft deal for a used 09-10 motor from LKQ. CRAZIEST engine fail I have seen. But oh well....

I bet going from that old Bullitt is like stepping into the future.

Rm

Rm,

1st things 1st ..........
Sorry about the loss of your engine in the Bullitt. :(

I did have a stock cam follower come loose in my B302 stroker engine.
It took out the cam on that side as it scarred it up.
I was just barely moving from a stop when it took place thank goodness.
I very-very slowly drove it to the house and parked it and never started it again.
Brent that owns Brenspeed had it picked up and delivered to them at the shop.
It was suggested I go to the Jesel Roller Billet Cam Followers and also replace that cam.
As it turned out everything was up-graded including a new set of racing Comp Cam Springs.
Never had that take place again but it was a very expensive up-grade.

The new Hellcat I really like a lot.
I have not really gotten to drive it after bringing it home from the dealer in Ohio.
Here the weather has been raining and more rain and then the cold front has hit so this morning it was 6-degrees here.
I'll just wait until the weather starts warming up to where it would actually be fun to get it out and run errands and just drive it around.
It still has only 488-miles on it.

A lot of buddies that have Mustangs including the Bullitt Mustangs have asked what I think in regards to the two cars ???
The truth is there actually to me is nothing really that they have in common other than both being cars.

Terry

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rm,

1st things 1st ..........
Sorry about the loss of your engine in the Bullitt. :(

I did have a stock cam follower come loose in my B302 stroker engine.
It took out the cam on that side as it scarred it up.
I was just barely moving from a stop when it took place thank goodness.
I very-very slowly drove it to the house and parked it and never started it again.
Brent that owns Brenspeed had it picked up and delivered to them at the shop.
It was suggested I go to the Jesel Roller Billet Cam Followers and also replace that cam.
As it turned out everything was up-graded including a new set of racing Comp Cam Springs.
Never had that take place again but it was a very expensive up-grade.

The new Hellcat I really like a lot.
I have not really gotten to drive it after bringing it home from the dealer in Ohio.
Here the weather has been raining and more rain and then the cold front has hit so this morning it was 6-degrees here.
I'll just wait until the weather starts warming up to where it would actually be fun to get it out and run errands and just drive it around.
It still has only 488-miles on it.

A lot of buddies that have Mustangs including the Bullitt Mustangs have asked what I think in regards to the two cars ???
The truth is there actually to me is nothing really that they have in common other than both being cars.

Terry

Thanks the Bullitt has been off the road for about a year now. instead of saving money for a used engine I have been collecting parts for a department of boost supercharger kit. I will be totalpy with 420 430 hp

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I finally saved for a used engine and just cant wait to drive her again......DOB kit will be done late summer 2018

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks the Bullitt has been off the road for about a year now. instead of saving money for a used engine I have been collecting parts for a department of boost supercharger kit. I will be totalpy with 420 430 hp

I finally saved for a used engine and just cant wait to drive her again......DOB kit will be done late summer 2018

Well you do have something now to look forward to. :beer:

That's a really long time to not have it on the road but one has to do the best they can. ;)

Terry

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well you do have something now to look forward to. [emoji481]

That's a really long time to not have it on the road but one has to do the best they can. ;)

Terry
Yeah, but it's cold here in East Texas for some reason and my daily is sooooo Comfy! Plus I wasn't to take my time and do the timing chains, guides, possibly valve Springs and new lash adj and followers. Winter tinker on a motor out of the car is very fun.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's cold here in East Texas for some reason and my daily is sooooo Comfy! Plus I wasn't to take my time and do the timing chains, guides, possibly valve Springs and new lash adj and followers. Winter tinker on a motor out of the car is very fun.

RM,

As you say in your situation your really in no all fired big rush.
So, take all the time you need and when things are all completed you will know you did it right the 1st time around.

Terry

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Challenger, Terry! That is one sweet ride, with or without the graphics! :thumb: Hopefully I will get to see it this spring or summer at Nashville C&C. You and Tim could bring both of those bad boys out, park next to each other, and draw a crowd.

And I'd love to have your Bullitt, but it is still way too rich for my blood. If it hasn't sold in a few months, and you become a "motivated seller," maybe we can work something out to help you payoff the loan on the Challenger. :biggrin:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Challenger, Terry! That is one sweet ride, with or without the graphics! :thumb: Hopefully I will get to see it this spring or summer at Nashville C&C. You and Tim could bring both of those bad boys out, park next to each other, and draw a crowd.

And I'd love to have your Bullitt, but it is still way too rich for my blood. If it hasn't sold in a few months, and you become a "motivated seller," maybe we can work something out to help you payoff the loan on the Challenger. :biggrin:

Yes, I'm pretty sure Tim and I will be driving over to C&C as a team once the weather gets one heck of a lot better. :beer:

This is Tim's after the Tint was completed the afternoon we went and picked it up.

The Demon Tim has I did get to ride in as we drove over for Tim to see the New Yellow Hellcat of mine at the Detailer's Shop.
It Sounds Awesome :highfive:

Well I have not a clue how the Bullitt selling will go that's for sure.
As it stands with the New 2018 pricing someone is going to get a heck of a car and not all that over-priced for what it truly is.

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back