2010 SC 4.0L to 13 F150 coyote swap.

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by stangbass, Nov 27, 2017.

1. stangbass

stangbass Junior Member

Hello fellow S197er's. Name's Al, Had my 2010 4.0l for almost 8 years/+100,000mi in which time it has underwent quite an extensive transformation from stock. Car has been my daily and did a short season of drag and a couple of seasons of HPDE.

Previous setup was completely stock 4.0l with X-Charger Xtreme kit, TVS1900 blower upgrade, pullied at a tad under 15lbs. 60lb injectors, Walbro 400lph fuel pump, 13/14 GT500 heat-X, VRP superflo pump(rebadged CWA-100), TR3650 trans, 8.8, spec 3+ clutch. Long tubes and H-pipe.
    Car made 374/376 RWHP on E85 and I managed to run a 12.56 on the 13lb pulley.

Unfortunately I've come to the end of the road with the current power plant. My plan was to run it until it broke and thanks to a bum timing chain tensioner, I managed to put a couple of valves into the cylinder and take a chunk out of piston #4. Crazy enough it didn't fail on the track but during a street pull. Didn't realize the extent of the damage until I pulled the heads.

So I'm diving into a Coyote swap. Just picked up a '13 F150 coyote today. Since this car is no longer my daily I can take my time with the swap. Car is mainly going to a weekend cruiser and HPDE toy from now on.

Currently breaking down the issues the will need to be addressed with the swap.
    Intake
    Exhaust
    Wiring Harness
    Cams
    ECU
    Tune
    Transmission
    AC
    Power Steering
    Fuel System

Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Transmission are pretty straight forward. Cams, AC, Power steering, fuel system are also pretty well vetted out just need to make decisions on which direction I want to go with these components. The wiring harnesses and ECU are still leaving me a tad befuddled, but I'm trying to pull together as much info as I can on the subjects.

So long to the old boat anchor 4.0, you will be missed.
    :boohoo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Will keep updated on progress. Currently have engine/trans out of the car. Coyote still in the truck will probably go on the engine stand tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. Juice

Juice forum member

You will get really familiar with C175B, T, and E connectors (B mostly)

I have a perfectly good 4.0 I can sell you cheap. lol

3. stangbass

stangbass Junior Member

Engine out of the truck on the stand. Scored a set of intake cams. Waiting on timing cover, Oil Pump, OPG, and block mount brackets and I'll probably go ahead and slide it in the car. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. stangbass

stangbass Junior Member

Scored a MT-82, shifter, <3000mi Mcleod RST, and flywheel with ARP bolts for $800. Gotta love these internet classifieds. Getting ready to start getting the fuel system ready. Weather has turned around here so works going to be slow. Got my Ford workshop DVD's coming today, So I'll be able to start working on the wiring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. stangbass

stangbass Junior Member

These Ford Workshop DVD's are a heaven send.

6. stangbass

stangbass Junior Member

Well heck didn't know google photo is private by default. Here the pics from previous posts.
    Old Set
    [​IMG]
    Some Drag
    [​IMG]
    Road Course
    [​IMG]
    Got the engine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On the stand
    [​IMG]
    Mustang intake cams