2011 5.0 Whipple 2.3 Dyno Review.....

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Got my car dynoed a couple days ago. Just looking for some opinions on the numbers it put down and the hp/torque curves. The A/F reading at the bottom was tail piped so the actual reading is a bit richer than what the readings show. I do believe that there is some power left in the tune because my aeroforce wideband is reads 11.00-11.15 during WOT which is a pretty fat in my opinion. Tune is currently set at 15 degrees timing also. I was honestly expecting a little higher numbers but as long as its running safely, im fine with that.

Dyno Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Sn8...2T_YFuEn1cFhkD

Dyno Graph: Numbers are in SAE and it was a 5th gear pull.
vybor7.jpg

Current mods are in sig below. TIA!
-Nick

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Looks very fat, you can go 11.5-11.7 and be perfectly safe.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
I would also like to add that I am NOT running Lund's tune as I have it listed in my sig. Im leaving the current tuners name dissclosed untill I am fully satisfied with my tune.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Kinda what I was thinking also. Ideally I would like to be at a solid 11.5-11.7 with about 15.5-16.0 degrees of timing. Isn't the HP and TQ curves typically suppose to cross at 5200 also??

-Nick

HP = TQ @ 5252 rpm.

That dyno graph is not real, or there was an error on the dyno.

Also, what spark plugs are you running?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
That dyno graph is full of fail. HP and torque will always cross at 5250 rpm's and that graph has them crossing above 6000 rpm's. I would have thought it would be making more torque too.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Kinda what I was thinking also. Ideally I would like to be at a solid 11.5-11.7 with about 15.5-16.0 degrees of timing. Isn't the HP and TQ curves typically suppose to cross at 5200 also??

-Nick

They aren't crossing at 5250 because the hp and tq are scaled differently.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
HP = TQ @ 5252 rpm.

That dyno graph is not real, or there was an error on the dyno.

Also, what spark plugs are you running?

LOL. The dyno graph is REAL. So im guessing there is a good chance the dyno operator fucked up some settings on the dyno or something?

Plugs are NGK 1 step colder gapped @ .030

-Nick

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Nice catch Bruce. I didnt notice that untill you pointed it out.

The same thing happened to me about a month ago at a "dyno day" on an unfamiliar dyno. I had the same reaction as everyone else in this thread until the scaling was pointed out.

521rwhp is nothing to sneeze at. When I had a 2.3 Whipple it took about 14 psi to get 536 with pump gas and cams.

I'm probably the only one in this thread who's impressed with your numbers. Looks good to me, nice and safe too.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with you somewhat Bruce. Im not upset with the HP numbers as nearly as much as the TQ numbers. 438 TQ is pretty sad for a TS. Theres a few bolt 5.0 guys that are right next me to on TQ.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me about a month ago at a "dyno day" on an unfamiliar dyno. I had the same reaction as everyone else in this thread until the scaling was pointed out.

521rwhp is nothing to sneeze at. When I had a 2.3 Whipple it took about 14 psi to get 536 with pump gas and cams.

I'm probably the only one in this thread who's impressed with your numbers. Looks good to me, nice and safe too.

He should be easily over 600 with the 5.0

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with you somewhat Bruce. Im not upset with the HP numbers as nearly as much as the TQ numbers. 438 TQ is pretty sad for a TS. Theres a few bolt 5.0 guys that are right next me to on TQ.

Just have to get a little more aggressive with the tune and wake it up. Also can be cam timing that is holding off the torque.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back