2011 GT Handling impressions

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
Well I just got done running at Miller Motorsports Park's Wide Open Wednesday in my 2011 GT. What an amazing car. Very light, and ballenced.. Didnt push hardly at all and the rear end stayed pretty much planted. I was able to keep up with a shelby GT, and my buddies 2010 GT500 was only 2 sec quicker. My car is all stock except for FRPP K springs. The torque is awesome a blast to drive. Best handling mustang ive ever driven.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I was there. I didn't take any pics though. I was too busy enjoying running my car too.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The "WOW" (Wide Open Wednesday) event is something they do once a month for us to get some track time in, but keep it on a budget. They don't time it, and it's only $25 for 3 hours. They also do carting for cheap, and autocross for a $1/run all at the same time. It's a lot of fun for cheap. Unfortunately we have to time ourselves.

kevmac

Reaction score
Holy Cow, $25 to run that course is awesome! What wheel/tire/brakes do you have on your 2011? How did they fare?

Thanks,
Kev

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
I have the 19" wheels with brembos. 255 parellis. They actually handled extremely well. And the brembos are simply awesome

Reaction score
25 bucks is still stupid cheap whether it be one session or three. Do they even have corner workers/ambulances present?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
25 bucks is still stupid cheap whether it be one session or three. Do they even have corner workers/ambulances present?

Yep. They space us apart about 30 seconds. We only run one lap at a time though, so it's not just 3 hours of continuous running. It's a lot easier on the car that way anyway.

In a way, it's like running time trials at the drags. You make a pass, get back in the staging lanes, then make another pass, etc.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Thats a great track, you guys are fortunate to be able to run there. Cheap price too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back