2012 s197 15x12 questions

punisher197

shootin' for 5s
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm building a 2012 mustang to compete in true street and small tire, I'm new to the 197 world and have alot to learn in a short time.

My question is, what's the widest 15" rim I can tuck without having to mini tub. I'm really wanting a 15x12 wide wheel. And mini tubbing isn't out of the question. Just thought you guys may have a little insight

Thanks

punisher197

shootin' for 5s
Reaction score
Sorry, I read the entire thread and didn't see any reference to a 15x12 in the post. Didn't know if you guys had even tried to fit one or what the deal was.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok, if you have searched then best to say so please.

the only guy I recall putting on something bigger than a 15 x 10 is "psfracer"

search for threads he started and you'll find what he did on his BBF conversion and rear end set up to accommodate bigger rubber.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Also check the rules for true street to see what tires they allow. If it's the same rules as small tire shootout races than the 28.0x10.5 is all you can run. Those tires should be able to take you deep into the 1.3x 60' range.

punisher197

shootin' for 5s
Reaction score
I plan to run 28x10.5s, but all the guys are switching to a 12" wide wheel and using beadlocks. Stretches the contact patch to the max for better traction. Just trying to stay up with the times.

Studly

Reaction score
I am going to put a 15x12 on mine also i have the Moser M9 housing that has been shortened 1.5 inches per side Also switched to a coil over set.15x10 with 6.5 backspacing now there and still hass a considerable amount of room with that backspacing behind the wheel closer to the inner frame. I am having the chassis shop measure for the 15x 12, i am hoping a 15x12 with 7.5 or 8 will fit and allow the car to be low enough to get the anti squat and instant center where it needs to be plus want a double bead lock wheel i have replaced the rear brakes with Strange units

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back