2013 TT install at Pro Dyno Jun 8-9

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Drove from Chesapeake, VA to Charlotte this afternoon and right through TS Andrea....in Belmont and will see you guys tomorrow at Dan's!

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet deal I'm thinking of having my car tuned and having the 4.10s put in sometime this month or the next at pro Dyno let me know how you like their tune

Sent from your moms phone

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow....wow...what a day....started a 9 and we just finished for the day and I have no idea how far we are.

Started off with unbolting the off road X pipe on the lift
Dropped the K member/diconnected the motor mounts
Disconnected the steering shaft
Disconnected the battery/removed the battery tray
Oriented the alt wiring to the other side
Removed the drivers side header-5.0's are 15mm nuts
Removed the passenger side header
Removed front bumper
Removed the radiator cover
Removed the plastic/rubber "apron" on either side of the condenser for the mounting of the intercooler
Drained AC line
Removed stock plugs/installed NGK 6510 plugs
Removed stock injectors/installed Bosch 1000 injectors
Drained raditator
Removed fuse box/computer
Removed AC line going into the firewall
Installed drivers side header
Mocked up turbo to drivers side header
Installed passenger side header
Connected K member/motor mounts-make sure you get the 15mm nut on the drivers side motor mount before tightening the K member!

Unfortunately Dan has plans for tomorrow so we have to finish the install outside his shop...sigh....I have no idea how well/bad we are doing...we were at it for 11 hours today and I feel like I got run over by a truck.....this is a big undertaking which I completely underestimated how long it would take.

So....have a lot to do tomorrow...mount the intercooler, fab the hot side, connect AC lines, connect the computer/fuse box, tap water lines for the fittings going to the turbo, etc.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So many little things the directions don't tell you that take up so much time...very frustrated....

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's the same with everything Greg. The fuckers that write the instructions think you already know how to put the damn thing together. I just got a new Karcher pressure washer and it is shipped with no oil in the engine. The instructions tell you to fill it half way between the full and add mark on the little dip stick. What they don't tell you is do you check it all the way screwed in or just put it in until it touches the threads. The dipstick fill opening is on about a 30* angle and it only takes about 6 oz of oil, so it makes a big difference.

It has a Honda engine, so I finally found the info on the Honda site, "insert until contact is made with the threads to check level". I later, the next day, finally got an answer from Karcher tech support. Guess what, they say to screw it all the way in. lol I'll go with Honda's info, they make the damn engine.

Sorry to hear about all the small problems. You have taken on a fairly big project, with large time constraints. I just hope you don't run into any big problems finishing it up.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bobby has Chad's personal cell number so we called/texted Saturday to get clarification on some parts and no answer/return calls...not good customer service at all.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope so! Need to route/install the down pipes, piping for the i/c, mount the i/c, tap the radiator hoses and route water lines..never ends.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back