2014 Purchase Inspection Tips?

Bart23Sept

Reaction score
Hi all,

Pulled the trigger on a 2014 GT convertible earlier today and I'm excited. The car is in Illinois and I'm in NJ though so I've got a couple of days before the deal is closed and the shipper arrives to bring it home.

It is a very low mile car, just under 7100 miles, but are there any details worth asking about before I sign the papers? It's in great shape but as I am not super familiar with the specific year I thought I'd ask.

We're a Mustang family, my mom had a 1968 convertible when we were kids so it was her daily driver. My parents still have it and I've been storing it in my garage for about the last five years.

Thanks!
Bart

46addict

Reaction score
Hopefully the car is in your hands now with no surprises. One thing I'd ask for is if the car was ever tuned and if so you should try to get the handheld that is married to it if possible. Also go here and run your VIN and see if your car has the pre-recall airbag inflator. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html
And lastly some have reported a driver's side head tick on the 5.0 V8s so if yours is making a noise you may want to get it looked at.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back