2015 Ecoboost MPG Numbers

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-gas-mileage-revealed-170005428.html

One of the most controversial aspects of the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang is its turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine. The new engine, displacing just 2.3 liters, may upset some traditionalists, but it will provide a more-efficient alternative as Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] looks to expand the Mustang's appeal both in the U.S. and Europe.

How efficient, exactly? A set of leaked window stickers posted on the Mustang 6G forums provides the first fuel-economy data for the EcoBoost. If the stickers are genuine, the turbo four will be EPA-rated at 26 mpg combined (22 mpg city, 31 mpg highway) with the six-speed manual transmission (figures for the six-speed automatic weren't released).

Given that the reps were saying 36-38 MPG when they were visiting dealers, it figures it was a number they were trying to pull out of their arses. Though yesterday there was also a rumor for a 10-speed auto to go into the Mustang in the next few years.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting it is expected to get essentially the same mileage as the 3.7 was getting the last couple years. A more complex smaller engine rated basically the same as the car two years ago.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 2.3 may well do better. Time will tell. But I expected better ratings with all the hype.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No shit. But they tend to be pretty close.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
Well as I posted in another thread, the trainer that came in was averaging 29-30 combined after ~2500 miles

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Though yesterday there was also a rumor for a 10-speed auto to go into the Mustang in the next few years.

GM and Ford have been working together building that transmission like they did on the 6 speed automatic project. I believe Ford is mostly going to use the 10 speed automatic as GM will use the same transmission in a 9 speed version. Sooner then later due to CAFE regulations the 10 speed I would guess be out in next 3-4 to replace the 6 speed automatic.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's very conservatively rated after a lot of these give backs that have been happening for "actual mileage varying"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back