4.6 3V to 5.4 4V engine swap DTC’s - need help!

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Okay guys I know a bunch of members have done the 5.4 4V swap and I ran into some DTC’s that I’m hoping you guys can help with. The car runs and sounds good so that’s exciting.

2007 GT manual swapped to a 2007 GT500 5.4 4V with TR6060

I have the following 4 DTC’s

- P1000
- P1229: intercooler pump driver malfunction
- P1234: fuel pump driver module offline
- U2011: ABS CODE

P1000 - not worried about

P1229 - the GT500 uses the headlamp harness to incorporate the inter cooler pump, I can’t use the GT500 headlamp harness because it doesn’t tie into my body harness properly. I know most guys have just wired the pump into a key on power source. But how will I get rid of the DTC?

P1234 - the GT was a Whipple car. So I already had the FRPP GT500 dual fuel pump system. I assumed the GT500 would recognize the second driver module that was installed but that does not appear to be the case

U2011 - the driveshaft isn’t in the car so I’m 99% sure it’s related to that not too worried about this one. But maybe it’s more than that I removed another member needing the GT500 ABS module if I recall correctly.

Swapped items
- 5.4 4V engine and engine harness
- TR6060
- PCM and fuse box

Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Crickets.... BUMP.

Nobody knows anything??!

Okay. Well I’ll start tearing apart the car for the Shelby donor body harness...

06GT500

Reaction score
Hey I'm in the middle of the same swap

Differences are it's a 2006

I used stock GT computer, gt500 motor and gt500 engine harness, and I'm running into power issues, I've been told to go back to 06 engine harness, I've also read online the 06 computer wont run the 5.4, so not sure which route to take, seems to me I like need the full body harness also! Already have GT500 computer. So hopefully body harness will be the last thing. LoL

And about the fuel system, I also had the GT500 fuel system and really didnt want to figure it out, went to Return style fuel system, deleted the Fpdms, solved that issue.

Last edited:

06GT500

Reaction score
I actually thought I had it all figured out. The car is running, and sounds great

Went to the dyno yesterday
(HPP Motorsports)

Mods:

VMP Gen2r
Twin 67mm TB
VMP heat exchanger w/fans
Fluidyne Triple core radiator
Kooks Long tubes and X pipe
Innovations 10% lower
VMP 2.4 upper
123mm JLT
Id1050x
Return style triple 320s
One peice drice shaft
MMR oil cooler kit
Alternator relocation

701rwhp and 666rwtq on 93 octane were the best numbers we saw, but we stopped because it just wasnt right, it was shutting off on its own, high in the power around 5800rpms

When I figure out this electrical nightmare, I will see how much she puts down eating E85

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Been tearing apart both cars. Today is body harness swap day... hopefully I can get the GT back together today and see what I’m up against.

In other news this little beauty showed up:
ec2e63f50a93f7c234c02cbf4a5eb268.jpg

I couldn’t say no to $1500 Canadian for a TVS, Elbow, Throttle body and factory 2013 GT500 intake (will be selling as the JLT 123 is en route). Just need 13/14 GT500 injectors before I slap the bigger blower on.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
701rwhp and 666rwtq on 93 octane were the best numbers we saw, but we stopped because it just wasnt right, it was shutting off on its own, high in the power around 5800rpms

I am curious to hear when you find out the cause of this. Many years ago I had the same issue that resulted in a blown engine. Never did find out the cause so the car went back to stock & was sold.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Car runs. No CEL. Complete wiring swap:
Body control harness
Dash harness
Engine harness
Headlight harness.

Have an SRS and TCS light on but I’m sure it’s because I have no seats and no driveshaft.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
digging this thread back up from the grave for a tip, assuming that you've swapped over the harnesses, both Fuel Pump Control Driver Modules and the 3 fuse boxes located under the hood on a GT500, the small rectangular fuse box will need a 30 amp fuse in slot #6 to power the secondary fuel pump on your GT500 factory dual fuel pump assembly, you'll also need a fuse installed into slot #66 inside the large rectangular fuse box as well. The owners manual describes slot #66 as "Heated Seats" but it is used to supply current from the large fuse box to the small rectangular fuse box that is also under the hood.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
One of the reasons seats seem not to be interchangeable.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back