6R80 in my 05

Sonny08GT

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with parts needed I have trans , converter , shifter ,cooler lines with adapter controller ,driveshaft , can anyone do a list plz thx
Don't know where to find the crossmember with mount or f150 shifter brackets to use stock mustang shifter

If your putting the 6R80 in a S197 you just need a 2010-2012 crossmember from a car that had a 6R80 in it bolts right in

Sonny08GT

Reaction score
Sorry haven't been on for awhile. I only needed to make a hole for the cable and I made the mistake of not doing that before the trans was in. The cable goes out the front of the shifter and barely clears the plastic dash below the heater controls. The difficulty is the metal brackets that connect the dash to the trans hump is right there where the cable goes through the floor so it was pretty thick had to use an air chisel to make the hole ( not pretty ). But if you can do it before putting in the trans you could use a hole saw and drill up from the bottom.

Sonny08GT

Reaction score
Mine will still start and drive. I did not install the relay yet.

Hi all if your car was originally a manual you can wire the park neutral switch to the clutch pedal fully depressed switch and it will work also the is a second switch on the clutch that is for the clutch pedal fully released it is actually a cruise control interrupt switch if you jump that switch your cruise control should work at least mine does. The cruise light on the dash does not come on until you press set on the cruise that's the only difference I have on my setup

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Does it matter which 6r80 you use? I see a lot of f150 6r are being used. what about a 6r80 out of a v6 Mustang? I’m planning to get it build regardless just curious if the bell housing is different or anything I should be concerned about with the swap. V6 6r80 are cheaper in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
My 07 mustang is currently a manual car. Has anyone put together a parts list for the 05-09 cars yet? I have a 2014 f150 6r80. So far I know I need the transmission arm for the shift linkage, Shift linkage, and shift. Not sure on what all trans crossmembers will work on the earlier cars. Not sure which shifter will work I have a 07 automatic console. I have the Auto petal assembly. Any help or guidance would help. Information is spread through 600 something pages. Looking for consolidated information if it’s out there.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Anybody know of any reputable tuners that are doing tune files for the Transmissions with the quick Quik 6 yet?

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone.
What issues are you having with Quick 6 that you and Karl can't fix?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone.
What issues are you having with Quick 6 that you and Karl can't fix?
No real issues yet, I'm just now starting to drive the car though after the big bore install several months ago. I would just rather have something I don't have to wonder about going wide open throttle with this much power.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
If it is like the Quick 4 you can set the "ballistic" effect to respond to sharp throttle inputs. Basically when it sees a rapid throttle input it goes into the more aggressive mode automatically. If I stab the throttle going down the road and let out, like goose it and get back on it, it stays in this state until it decays over a set time interval, mine is 4 seconds, after which is shifts back up to OD and resumes "normal" operation.
I believe it defaults to it's most aggressive settings at WOT. I never shift my car myself, once I got everything where I like I found I'm on the same tune all the time. IT shifts hard enough to break traction going in to 3rd and the shifts seem very quick to me. I know its not the same exact thing, but I believe we run the same basic software.

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I’m venturing into this swap. My car is an 08 gt Manual. I saw a couple of guys with parts list but how much different is it to go from manual to auto? What else would I need such as harness or ecu?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
In an 08 GT since they never came with a 6R80 you would need the Quick 6 Controller and it's ore made harness. The rest is all factory parts that bolt in from a 11-14 Mustang GT. I believe the 2010 was still a 5r55 transmission.

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
In an 08 GT since they never came with a 6R80 you would need the Quick 6 Controller and it's ore made harness. The rest is all factory parts that bolt in from a 11-14 Mustang GT. I believe the 2010 was still a 5r55 transmission.

I knew I needed the quick 6 controller but didn’t know what harness came with. Then didn’t know if needed any wiring from like a newer mustang that it came with or if it was just the quick 6 controller. Because my car is manual and I have wiring harness for a manual trans. So what other wiring would I need? I know I need cross member and all that stuff but need to figure out wiring stuff

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
There is no wiring to figure out, the instructions that come with he quick 6 tell you what to wire where. The Quick 6 also comes with a pre made harness for your application. The only thing in your case I can't answer directly his how to keep the speedo working. In my 4r70w swap I made a change in my tune to suit the new speed sensor output.
The quick 6 does have a custom speedo output setting, so that may work in your case.

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
There is no wiring to figure out, the instructions that come with he quick 6 tell you what to wire where. The Quick 6 also comes with a pre made harness for your application. The only thing in your case I can't answer directly his how to keep the speedo working. In my 4r70w swap I made a change in my tune to suit the new speed sensor output.
The quick 6 does have a custom speedo output setting, so that may work in your case.

Ok so does the wires connected to the manual trans now just not plug into anything then?

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so does the wires connected to the manual trans now just not plug into anything then?

It's a fairly straight forward install going from a manual to the 6R.

You need to install the capacitor inline with the speedo signal side of the [that's the un-grounded side of the 2-pin TR3650 connector] the other side goes to ground, then set the output pulse to 40 on the Quick6 and you'll adjust the speed offset to get the correct speedometer reading.

Connect the pink wire to the backup lights connector.

For the clutch/neutral safety switch, I cut the #1 wire on the CPP switch spliced in enough wire to connect it to the gray neutral safety switch wire, that'll allow the car to crank in park/neutral, and not start in gear.

I ran a wire from the brake pedal to the shifter Park safety solenoid, and run a wire from the shifter O/D on/off button to the Quick6 and the Overdrive on/off will function.

I already had a tach adapter and used it for the tach input.

Use a good quality vampire tap to run the TPS signal to the Quick6.

If you need an 8-bolt flexplate, I used the PRW Industries 1828111, SFI rated and only $90

Tranny I used is from a 2013 Coyote 4x2 truck. They're $400 around me. Supposedly the 2015 tranny is a little stronger but those go for $1000 ...

I have a 2010 so the shifter/console from a 2012 rollover went straight into mine, the transmission cooler is the same. I cut the lines on the passenger side, flared the solid lines and installed a couple 1/2" disconnect fittings and 1/2" transmission fluid hose to the cooler.

I used the 4" Dana Spicer 10001797 driveshaft , Denny's Driveshaft has about the cheapest price for that

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
It's a fairly straight forward install going from a manual to the 6R.

You need to install the capacitor inline with the speedo signal side of the [that's the un-grounded side of the 2-pin TR3650 connector] the other side goes to ground, then set the output pulse to 40 on the Quick6 and you'll adjust the speed offset to get the correct speedometer reading.

Connect the pink wire to the backup lights connector.

For the clutch/neutral safety switch, I cut the #1 wire on the CPP switch spliced in enough wire to connect it to the gray neutral safety switch wire, that'll allow the car to crank in park/neutral, and not start in gear.

I ran a wire from the brake pedal to the shifter Park safety solenoid, and run a wire from the shifter O/D on/off button to the Quick6 and the Overdrive on/off will function.

I already had a tach adapter and used it for the tach input.

Use a good quality vampire tap to run the TPS signal to the Quick6.

If you need an 8-bolt flexplate, I used the PRW Industries 1828111, SFI rated and only $90

Tranny I used is from a 2013 Coyote 4x2 truck. They're $400 around me. Supposedly the 2015 tranny is a little stronger but those go for $1000 ...

I have a 2010 so the shifter/console from a 2012 rollover went straight into mine, the transmission cooler is the same. I cut the lines on the passenger side, flared the solid lines and installed a couple 1/2" disconnect fittings and 1/2" transmission fluid hose to the cooler.

I used the 4" Dana Spicer 10001797 driveshaft , Denny's Driveshaft has about the cheapest price for that

Thanks man appreciate all the info. Looking forward to this swap!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back