6R80 issue

s197panda

Reaction score
i purchage a 2014 mustang gt it was running good when i test drove it. when i was coming back home i did a pull and the car went into limp mode i couldnt go pass 4 gear i made a complete stop and let it cool down for 15 mins and when i turn it on the car would only go to 1,2,3 gear but 4 it wouldn't go in i change the fluid and oil filter and its still the same.i scanned the car and this code pop up code P07AA

Last edited:
Reaction score
i purchage a 2014 mustang gt it was running good when i test drove it. when i was coming back home i did a pull and the car went into limp mode i couldnt go pass 4 gear i made a complete stop and let it cool down for 15 mins and when i turn it on the car would only go to 1,2,3 gear but 4 it wouldn't go in i change the fluid and oil filter and its still the same.i scanned the car and this code pop up code P07AA

Was there metal on the magnet when you changed the filter? This vid might be bad news.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Reread the original post. Please don't advise people to look a their tune when they have an issue not mentioning a tuner. Tunes don't go bad, let allow that one to die.
It's not common but I have seen tunes somehow get corrupted causing a drivability issue.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Reread the original post. Please don't advise people to look a their tune when they have an issue not mentioning a tuner. Tunes don't go bad, let allow that one to die.
I read it, he purchased the car. He should know what he is buying, stock or tuned. I also know what the code is for, again its usually a tune issue. Tunes absolutely get corrupted. Try again. You should learn how a 6r80 works before opening your dick hole.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I read it, he purchased the car. He should know what he is buying, stock or tuned. I also know what the code is for, again its usually a tune issue. Tunes absolutely get corrupted. Try again. You should learn how a 6r80 works before opening your dick hole.
Please explain how software withing a closed system 'corrupts' unrelated to a hardware failure. There is nothing about this code I can see indicating a tune issue, but I'm willing to learn.

Back