9.60's tweaking my way towards some 9.30's??

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Ran a couple 9.60's the first track outing of the year- changed a lot stuff on the car from last year have a ton of dialing in to do tot the shocks and struts- will be back tomorrow to do some more adjustments.time.jpg

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
2 years ago with 120 less rwhp and no shocks and strut and 125#'s heavier the car was going consistant 1.40'-1.41's with a couple 1.38's. this is why I say the car when dialed in should go 1.32-134 in the 60'- lots of testing and tuning , this wed I will work on trans tuning the shifts and lock up.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
It's so weird that when cars start making more power, or the weight gets reduced, then the suspension has to change back and forth and the car pulls one way and then another.

But I agree that your 60' should be less. Could be a combination of tire age, track prep etc.

travelers

Reaction score
We found that it took at least 3 heat cycles for the tires to really start working good.

Those are some good consistent times.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
have between 4 and possible 6 wheel studs that are bent from the tires shaking- these are new arb 1/2" . Wondering if I should replace or upgrade to 5/8 and have my wheels drilled as well. brand new 35 spline axles- never ends

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Wheels drilled? If you are talking about screwing the tires to the wheels I did it to mine. Pretty easy. Took about an hour. Made a template out of cardboard and bought the wheel screws at summit.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Wheels drilled? If you are talking about screwing the tires to the wheels I did it to mine. Pretty easy. Took about an hour. Made a template out of cardboard and bought the wheel screws at summit.
He means going to a larger diameter wheel stud and drilling the wheel's lug openings to allow for the larger diameter.

travelers

Reaction score
If your bending studs I would go to the 5/8'' studs. And maybe try either the Strange or Mark Williams bolt in studs.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
What did you change tires to, and from?
I have always been a mickey Thompson fan- they work exceptional well(et pro's) but I am running a 325 m and h now to get a slightly larger print on no prepped surfaces like airport runways that they wont let you do burn outs on and some 1/2 mile event wont allow the et pro. car is hooking now since I added a ARB. just need to relearn the launch(harder) and the weather and da have been shit here-

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I have always been a mickey Thompson fan- they work exceptional well(et pro's) but I am running a 325 m and h now to get a slightly larger print on no prepped surfaces like airport runways that they wont let you do burn outs on and some 1/2 mile event wont allow the et pro. car is hooking now since I added a ARB. just need to relearn the launch(harder) and the weather and da have been shit here-
Do they fit the wheel well decently, I'm guessing 15" rims?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back