About to pick up another project

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Not abandoned, but very neglected. This is my new project truck (I sold it once & am trying to buy it back right now)

It's a 1968 International Harvester Pickup Truck. Original straight 6 with a 4 spd trans. Bed wasn't with it when I found it. Also had a dually rear end swapped into it.

Plans are to swap the motor, trans & rear end to a carb'd lsx w/ .650 lift cam, t56 trans & a built Ford 8.8 rear end. She shall become a Rat Rod. Will be removing the front bumper completely, redoing a custom dash & interior. Suspension will be a custom digital air bag system & she'll be packing a 15 gal fuel cell

4ure7yzu.jpg

u3a2urub.jpg

ere9atys.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Just loses to much power from being so big & heavy

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
I'd put a diamon play flat bed on it, lose the front bumper, paint it flat black and rock it as is.

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Front bumper is going, don't want a flat bed, an black was a color of choice

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Cool project. I've gotta say, I dig a lot of it just the way it is. Here's what I'd do:

Slam it
Make it reliable mechanically (fast or slow as you like)
Nice interior
Build an old school wooden stake bed. Ideally out of repurposed wood for that worn look.
No body mods, repaint etc. Leave her as is. If you want to ditch the bumper go for an old school tube bumper tucked as tight to the body as possible.

Enjoy. You can always do a full resto later if you wanted.

I dig rat rods, but I'm sick of folks spraying everything under the sun in flat black and calling it a rat. Patina is where it's at. It's an old farm truck and no matter what you do to it...it'll always be an old farm truck so just make it a cool old farm truck.

Oh, and don't F it up with modern blingy wheels and low profile tires. Steelies and hubcaps, or any other style of wheel that you could have bought in '68. Keep her vintage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back