ABS Bleeding

DBcooper

Reaction score
I recently put Baer Pro Plus front and rear brakes on my 05 GT. I also installed speed bleeders at the same time. I ran more than enough DOT4 fluid through the system to completely flush everything out. I've also bled everything 4 times and still have little to no pedal.

I've come to the conclusion that I have some air trapped in my ABS system. I am a DIY guy and really hate to have other people work on my vehicles. Autel makes an obd2 plug in which can be controlled with an app via smartphone and bluetooth (model #AP200C). For $129, it would probably be cheaper than taking the car to a mechanic. Does anybody have any experience with this unit? Any other suggestions on getting the air out?

Mark_K

Reaction score
You can get a simpler OBDII connector that will hook up to your Windoze computer, and download a program called ForScan to bleed the ABS system. I'll look up the details and post if back here is a little while. Should be able to do the wnole thing for less than $50.

Mark_K

Reaction score
There ya go then! And just remember, I'm not happy until you're not happy! :nana2:

SydWays

Reaction score
This happened to me once on my 2013 Boss 302 LS, when I left the brake system open too long at let it run completely dry. After bleeding the brakes and lines, I found a smooth wet grassy field (like a local golf course or grass airstrip) and performed about 3-4 hard stops from about 10-20 mph. You want to brake hard enough to get the ABS system to kick back. Your pedal will come back to you, and once firm, top off your reservoir and you're done.

Scamp

Reaction score
I need to do this to my 14. I'm pretty sure it's got the original fluid in it. Needs a good full replacement at this point. Already purchased the fluid and that ForScan would be a good cheap way if I had a Windows laptop.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back