Absolutely sick!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Being a Lund Racing fan and customer, I just had to share Jons new ghost cam tune for the S550. Exhaust is, ARH Long tubes, X, and Corsa Xtreme catback. Opinions vary but I think it sounds down right nasty!

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
That definitely sounds bad ass. I just don't think it fits the look of the car.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I want one for my Auto. I had the Lope tune on my '13GT and besides burning 15 gallons of gas a minute it was a head turner for sure!

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm just kind of curious as to why this kind of idle is desirable. I mean why do you guys want your car to struggle and run rough at idle? I've always tried to get my cars to run and idle as smoothly as possible.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just kind of curious as to why this kind of idle is desirable. I mean why do you guys want your car to struggle and run rough at idle? I've always tried to get my cars to run and idle as smoothly as possible.

Different strokes for different folks. I swapped the cams in my S197 more for the sound than the power bump. To me it's the same as swapping out a catback/axle back. Doesn't really add HP, but it give the car a whole new attitude. I'll be getting with Lund when I'm ready for headers.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I guess that's reasonable. I'm an old fart and the music is too loud. So it is basically an appearance mod then. Kinda like putting Cobra badges on a GT or something like that?

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess that's reasonable. I'm an old fart and the music is too loud. So it is basically an appearance mod then. Kinda like putting Cobra badges on a GT or something like that?

I think thats exactly it, just another fake mod, poser mod, whatever you want to call it. Sure back in the day I had cars that sounded like that. But I was running a 351C, 12:1, big cam, 750 cfm, headers, blah blah blah. The car was fast as hell and idled like crap. I didn't want it to idle that way but that was the result of a big cam that was timed for high rpm.

This is just a purposely bad idle with no performance gain and probably a performance loss. Sure it sounds decent but when you know its fake it loses all of its creditability.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
When I got my car tuned, my tuner (who I had just started talking to) told me he knows how to put the lope in, but won't do it because he doesn't want to tune a car to run badly.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back