Adding billet yield button...

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I’m trying to find out which wires I need for the yield & trac loc buttons so I can replace them with billet buttons on my 2006 Roush. Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram of that plug? One similar to this:upload_2018-8-25_19-43-22.png

upload_2018-8-25_19-43-23.jpeg

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
leave it plugged in and back probe it with a Power Probe while you press the buttons. They are likely ground triggers.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Yeah I figure I’d test the plug for hots then apply a ground to the wires that don’t test hot and see what comes on.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Yeah I figure I’d test the plug for hots then apply a ground to the wires that don’t test hot and see what comes on.
Don't do that. Leave the plug plugged into the socket and use a Power Probe to back probe the socket while you press the buttons. When you press each button move from wire to wire until the wire is triggered by the button. The power Probe will identify if it is a ground or a power trigger.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I might be sounding really stupid here but what are the yield and trac loc buttons used for? I've never heard of them.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Don't do that. Leave the plug plugged into the socket and use a Power Probe to back probe the socket while you press the buttons. When you press each button move from wire to wire until the wire is triggered by the button. The power Probe will identify if it is a ground or a power trigger.
I see what your saying, I don’t have a power probe but I do have a meter so I can see which wires are affected with the buttons pushed in.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I might be sounding really stupid here but what are the yield and trac loc buttons used for? I've never heard of them.
Yield will make parking lights flash if I’m pulled over on side of road. Trac loc or traction control will let my tires spin alittle instead of cutting the engine out to regain traction.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Hazard flashers (aka 4-way flashers) and Traction Control off/on, respectively.

It should be in your owner's manual. If you didn't get one, they can be downloaded at no charge. Search on "Mustang Owner Manual". One source is https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/ford-mustang-owners-manuals/

Trac loc is a term that refers specifically to Ford's own clutch-style limited slip differential ("Traction Lok"), which does not have any user controls.

Norm

Back