Aftermarket Bluetooth stereo- microphone placement

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This year I FINALLY decided it was time to ditch the OEM Shaker 500 head unit (with its peeling buttons) and finally get with modern times, so I bought and installed a Jense CAR710X double din head unit (which has Bluetooth, Apple Carplay and Android Auto).

So, this thing comes with a wired mic for hands free calling and I have no idea where I am supposed to put this thing in my interior...I don't see any good spots. Has anyone put one in an '05-09 Mustang and if so, where did you put it?

Reaction score
This year I FINALLY decided it was time to ditch the OEM Shaker 500 head unit (with its peeling buttons) and finally get with modern times, so I bought and installed a Jense CAR710X double din head unit (which has Bluetooth, Apple Carplay and Android Auto).

So, this thing comes with a wired mic for hands free calling and I have no idea where I am supposed to put this thing in my interior...I don't see any good spots. Has anyone put one in an '05-09 Mustang and if so, where did you put it?

I have a Dynavin unit, i put the mic on top of steering column, will take pic tomorrow morning, not much noise from what people tell me

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I have mine next to the map light console. I routed the wire up behind the A pillar and the headliner. People can hear me just fine and usually don't even hear the engine unless I stomp on it

DSC_6623.JPG

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have mine next to the map light console. I routed the wire up behind the A pillar and the headliner. People can hear me just fine and usually don't even hear the engine unless I stomp on it

View attachment 85658

That's where I would put it.

Hey, what is that little thingy peaking out of your map light housing? Looks like a light or sensor. I don't think mine ever had that.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Hey, what is that little thingy peaking out of your map light housing? Looks like a light or sensor. I don't think mine ever had that.

It's a motion sensor. When car is locked it will sound the alarm if it detects motion inside the cabin.
I locked my keys in the car once with the windows cracked about 2 inches. Used a coat hanger to hook my keys and pull them out of the window. I got about halfway to them and alarm went off. Factory option.

My microphone is on the A pillar, up by where the sun visor attaches. Have had no complaints about hearing me during calls.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good ideas here! Thanks guys.

The cord is super long so any of these should be doable.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
That's where I would put it.

The cylinder that's overlapping the red piping is the mic, the circle that's built in to the fake grill on the housing itself is one of two motion sensors for the active anti theft system like pass1over says. I've had the same experience with leaving the windows down with the alarm armed... You get within 2 feet of the car and it'll go off

AztroRover

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with the motions sensors on the map light box. So I ordered one with the sensors in it from ebay, gutted it and put the mic in the sensor cut out. Now my mic is in there and no complaints from the people I talk to with my bluetooth.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Put my mic at the top of the A pillar like pass1over said he did. Seems like a good spot for it.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Mine didn't come with the motions sensors on the map light box. So I ordered one with the sensors in it from ebay, gutted it and put the mic in the sensor cut out. Now my mic is in there and no complaints from the people I talk to with my bluetooth.

That's a really cool idea. If I didn't have those motion sensors I would do the same thing. I love stealthy stuff like this.

Put my mic at the top of the A pillar like pass1over said he did. Seems like a good spot for it.

Seemed like the best place to me, closest to my head. Hope it works out for you

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I went through this several years ago. The radio shop put in the pillar to the left of the driver's sun visor. I have a convertible so it's pretty worthless unless I can pull over. On the occasions that I did the party could hear me fine.

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's in the overhead light console, factory, in the vert that I have.

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is on the A pillar also, mounted in the plastic that surrounds it. I don't use it often tho because I've received too many complaints about the quality of my volume, background noise, etc. No place else for me to mount it; the prior owner put it there so I'm kinda stuck. I prefer my in-ear bluetooth anyway and use it most often. Much higher quality of communication for transmit and receive.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back