Airbag recall

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Rocky, go to https://www.nhtsa.gov and enter your VIN, it will tell you what open recalls there are on your car

Thanks, Gabe. There are 2 open recalls according to the nhtsa.gov site. FIRST OPEN RECALL.
2006FORD Mustang
no-class-image-not-available.png
VIN: 1ZVFT82H465242933. Recall data refreshed on May 18,2018
2Recalls associated with this VIN
Feb 25,2008
Manufacturer Recall Number08C02
NHTSA Recall Number08V082000
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
SummaryFORD IS RECALLING 434,593 MY 2008 MUSTANG VEHICLES FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH ONE OF THE NECK INJURY REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 208, "OCCUPANT CRASH PROTECTION," FOR AN UNBELTED 5TH PERCENTILE FEMALE SITTING IN THE PASSENGER SEAT WHILE IT IS IN THE FULL FORWARD POSITION.

Safety RiskDURING AN AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT, IF A SMALL FEMALE IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT IS NOT WEARING THE SAFETY BELT, AND HAS THE SEAT IN THE FULL FORWARD POSITION, THERE MAY BE AN INCREASED POTENTIAL FOR A NECK INJURY.

RemedyDEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 3, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332 OR THROUGH EMAIL TO WWW.OWNERCONNECTION.COM.

Manufacturer's NotesTO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR WWW.LINCOLN.COM OR CALL YOUR FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER.

SECOND OPEN RECALL.
Jun 01,2016
Manufacturer Recall Number16S26
NHTSA Recall Number16V384
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
SummaryTHE PASSENGER FRONTAL AIRBAG INFLATOR COULD RUPTURE IF THE VEHICLE IS INVOLVED IN A CRASH WHERE THE SUPPLEMENTAL FRONTAL AIRBAGS ARE DESIGNED TO DEPLOY. THIS DEFECT REPORT IS IN RESPONSE TO TAKATA DIRS 16E-042, 16E-043, 16E-044.

Safety RiskTHE PASSENGER FRONTAL AIRBAG INFLATOR COULD RUPTURE IF THE VEHICLE IS INVOLVED IN A CRASH WHERE THE SUPPLEMENTAL FRONTAL AIRBAGS ARE DESIGNED TO DEPLOY. THIS DEFECT REPORT IS IN RESPONSE TO TAKATA DIRS 16E-042, 16E-043, 16E-044.

RemedyOWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THEIR PASSENGER FRONTAL AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.

Manufacturer's NotesTO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR WWW.LINCOLN.COM OR CALL YOUR FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER.

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

Just checked my '11 GT and no recalls needed. I did have the drivers side done 2 years ago.

Next month will be 2 years since my driver's side was last done under the recall, so that sounds just about right.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Edit: Just to follow up, finally got the passenger side inflator replacement done on yesterday. Needless to say, after 2 years waiting for the parts to become available under the Takata airbag recall, the long wait is finally over
woohoo.gif

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Edit: Just to follow up, finally got the passenger side inflator replacement done on yesterday. Needless to say, after 2 years waiting for the parts to become available under the Takata airbag recall, the long wait is finally over
woohoo.gif
Can you confirm what the passenger side airbag recall includes? Is it just a program change or is it a whole new airbag where they tear into to the dash. I hate the thought of having some hack mechanic tear into my car and replace these bags this really sucks... the car is heavily modified and I have a custom tune... I hope doing any sort of programming doesn't alter of tge module dose not mess with my tune... I've way too much money into this car to end up with a scratched or misaligned Dash do to some hack tearing it apart..
20180519_204046.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Can you confirm what the passenger side airbag recall includes? Is it just a program change or is it a whole new airbag where they tear into to the dash. I hate the thought of having some hack mechanic tear into my car and replace these bags this really sucks... the car is heavily modified and I have a custom tune... I hope doing any sort of programming doesn't alter of tge module dose not mess with my tune... I've way too much money into this car to end up with a scratched or misaligned Dash do to some hack tearing it apart..

Are you responding to yourself without reading the info in the link you posted?

There's NO reprogramming.
The recall replaces a hard part. In this case it's on the back side of the airbag assembly which is behind the passenger side panel of the dash

Once the airbag/panel assembly is removed, this happens:
(video is from the link above)

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score

The recall replaces a hard part. In this case it's on the back side of the airbag assembly which is behind the passenger side panel of the dash

I stumbled on that link after my post.. thanks for the info..

Regards,
Adam

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Just had this done a couple weeks ago on mine on the passenger side. Don't see any sort of damage or anything so they did a good job at that. I told them not to do any reprogramming and they confirmed there was no need.

Funny side note was they called and offered to drive it to me and deliver it if i needed.......HA they just wanted to drive it.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
View attachment 67426

Just as Gabe mentioned in his response to your post, there is NO reprogramming of the PCM whatsoever, just the inflator cylinder of the passenger side airbag located on the back side of the airbag assembly behind the passenger side panel of the dash is replaced under the recall. Therefore your custom tune isn't affected at all. As for any hacking/tearing of the dash is concerned? my dealership's technician did an awesome job in which you can't even tell that the dash was ever touched. So again, no reason for concern.

Exactly 100% spot on, Gabe :waytogo:

Just had this done a couple weeks ago on mine on the passenger side. Don't see any sort of damage or anything so they did a good job at that. I told them not to do any reprogramming and they confirmed there was no need.

Funny side note was they called and offered to drive it to me and deliver it if i needed.......HA they just wanted to drive it.

They most definitely did a very outstanding job, and can't even tell that the dash was ever tampered with, to begin with. The service tech also confirmed there was no need for reprogramming the PCM, nor required under the airbag recall :waytogo:

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve been putting off dealing with my airbag since I didn’t want to deal with the dealership and this morning a guy from ford knocked on my door and said they have a mobile service and they will come to my house or office and install it!l on Tuesday. Score!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I’ve been putting off dealing with my airbag since I didn’t want to deal with the dealership and this morning a guy from ford knocked on my door and said they have a mobile service and they will come to my house or office and install it!l on Tuesday. Score!

That sounds kinda shady.
Is it Ford themselves or a local dealer?

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
That sounds kinda shady.

He said he was a Ford rep, driving an Escape with Ford graphics all over it, looked legit to me...

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
Wow that is really interesting! If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? I still need to have the recall done on mine.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
That sounds kinda shady.
It is legit. Ford has aggressively attempted to get our Air Bags under control. They have licensed techs that work directly for Ford in mobile units replacing the air bags, Currently it is for the Mustangs only.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is legit. Ford has aggressively attempted to get our Air Bags under control. They have licensed techs that work directly for Ford in mobile units replacing the air bags, Currently it is for the Mustangs only.
Seems like I get s letter or postcard weekly about the passenger AB

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve gotten literally about 20 letters/notices regarding the air bags

My wife said Ford is rewarding my lazy ass in getting the recall done by them coming directly to me. Lol

Aerofinz

Reaction score
All legit, easy to verify. Ford is concentrating on areas with the highest level of concerns (heat/humidity).

Both of mine are scheduled for mobile service as well (Texas).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back