Alienware M11X r1 Netbook

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
The specs on it are - Intel 1.3GHz Core 2 Duo @1066 MHz, 4 GB ram, 64 bit Windows 7, Dual switchable graphics card (Intel Integrated 4500MHD & Nvidia GeForce GT335M), 11.6" HD+ 1366x768 screen, 1.3 megapixel front camera for vid chat, integrated bluetooth, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, 3 in 1 media card reader, 500GB hard drive, 2 headphone inputs, 1 microphone input, 2 usb inputs right side, 1 usb input left side, hdmi port.

I'd like to get $500 out of it, but I'm open to offers. I'll also answer any other questions. I'm switching back to a mac, my reason for selling. It did have a problem with the hinge, which I'm sure you'll find if you search, but that was replaced with the new version that does not have any issues and should be trouble free. Dell also fixes the "hinge" problem out of warranty. As of right now, the hinge and screen are flawless. Here are some pictures.

IMG_20120307_183205.jpg

IMG_20120307_183242.jpg

IMG_20120307_183317.jpg

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
All software included? Office suite?

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt 4G

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
All software included? Office suite?

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt 4G

Since I am going to a mac, I will include at minimum my Windows 7 64 bit and Alienware software disks. However, office and such will have to be purchased separately. I can install Open Office, if desired, as it is free, but I do not own Microsoft Office.

If sold, I will do a complete wipe and re-install windows to the seller desired name, and install all drivers and make sure everything is properly working with the latest updates, etc.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Price dropped to $480 shipped, without the aforementioned wipe and clean install, ie you do that on your own time, or $530 shipped with the install, driver downloads etc.. This includes the netbook, windows 7 64bit home edition and alienware driver disk, all original packaging, original cloth sleeve, and power cord shipped ups to the 48.

Nearly 1 year left on the warranty.

Last edited:

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
For anyone worried that it won't play any games that well, or just concerned with performance, it will run HL2 on max settings at 40 fps all day long. Starcraft 2 runs on it on medium settings at similar fps. Being that it is a netbook, it is very portable, but also very practical as far as battery life goes. If you need word processing for a long period of time, switch to the on board graphics card and battery life is immediately extended. It really is the best of both worlds: a computer fast enough for gaming or media, and a computer portable enough and practical enough for daily work or school related use. And the color changeable front leds, alien head power button, and backlit keyboard (yes, all of those colors can be changed in the settings) are sweet as well.

Somebody graduate to an alienware for next to nothing here!

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
No it does not. Its size does not permit room for a disk drive. I have used a usb powered DVD drive on the rare occasion that I need a to install from a disk, which might I add, has occurred 2 or three times in 2 years.

If need be, I could even include said DVD drive with the laptop for a small price bump. It is an HP- dvd565s-H08. It runs on usb power totally and is very easy to use.

I have also found my microsoft office 2007 disk that will be included with the computer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back