All Motor Chat - High Gearing, Light weight, Revin to the moon-

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup I made it :beer:

Well we scatter out convo's on ideas and plans all over the place. So tech can be in here, shooting the shit, and Idea's are always welcome.

so Ive been thinking of getting my ring gear lightened :roflmao:

Just because. All Motor Crew #'s pm me if wanted.

thank the SC Chat boys for the Idea, couldn't let em have all the fun round here.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Id rather keep everything in one place to be honest. We always have our stuff scattered. I know for Fact me chad and Art use to go on and on about ideas and set ups in the drag section so meh.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Id rather keep everything in one place to be honest. We always have our stuff scattered. I know for Fact me chad and Art use to go on and on about ideas and set ups in the drag section so meh.

Gotcha...I thought you were trying to one up the S/C guys and start a thread simply for the sake of saying there is a N/A crew. I think it is a great idea to have the N/A stuff crammed in one thread rather than 50 different questions being scattered throughout the forum.

JP229

forum member
Reaction score
I'll take part in this All Motor Crew haha
Perfect thread for me right now, matt. Thanks lol. I'm going to do a winter project, just not sure what I want to do at the moment. So how about some opinions/input.

Option 1 (My original plans)
-I have a BMR K-member waiting to go in.
-Get A-arms
-Strange 10 ways up front
-Different springs
-4.30 gears(Need more than 3.90s not having ANY low end)

Then sell my Bullet poly motor mounts, roush springs, and roush struts.

OR

Option 2 (What i've been looking into lately)
-Install just the k-member.
-Send heads off to Fox Lake. They already have Comp 127600's, beehive springs, and titanium retainers, so all I would really need is the $1600 headwork plus the $280 bronze guides. Then I may be able to stick with the 3.90's for a bit getting some low end back.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
I'll take part in this All Motor Crew haha
Perfect thread for me right now, matt. Thanks lol. I'm going to do a winter project, just not sure what I want to do at the moment. So how about some opinions/input.

Option 1 (My original plans)
-I have a BMR K-member waiting to go in.
-Get A-arms
-Strange 10 ways up front
-Different springs
-4.30 gears(Need more than 3.90s not having ANY low end)

Then sell my Bullet poly motor mounts, roush springs, and roush struts.

OR

Option 2 (What i've been looking into lately)
-Install just the k-member.
-Send heads off to Fox Lake. They already have Comp 127600's, beehive springs, and titanium retainers, so all I would really need is the $1600 headwork plus the $280 bronze guides. Then I may be able to stick with the 3.90's for a bit getting some low end back.
i think after you get the headwork done youll need a 4.10/4.30 even more than before.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Currently, I am finishing the process of going auto...Gonna work everything out before doing anything to engine...Figure out my gearing, tire height, and weight options...

Then it's on..lol...next will be a 323-324" big bore, 10:1, and a custom plumbed fogger on a C&L intake...

JP229

forum member
Reaction score
i think after you get the headwork done youll need a 4.10/4.30 even more than before.
The heads will help everything breathe and get the low end back. Right now its a dog under 4500rpm with 127600's in stock heads, and no CMCV's because of the FRPP manifold. I still agree that it will need steeper than a 3.90 though. But I wont need the steep gear as badly as I do now.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
The heads will help everything breathe and get the low end back. Right now its a dog under 4500rpm with 127600's in stock heads, and no CMCV's because of the FRPP manifold. I still agree that it will need steeper than a 3.90 though. But I wont need the steep gear as badly as I do now.
its my understanding that porting has a negative effect on low end...one tends to lose velocity, therefore low end torque, but its off set by the increase in hp at the top of the tach. thus the need for lots of gear to help with the loss on the low end. of course the type of cam and intake all have an effect on this as a whole as well.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do the 4.30 gearing first imo. Then again that's what I did with my old set up.. did all the little things that I would need with the heads and cams regardless.

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Currently, I am finishing the process of going auto...Gonna work everything out before doing anything to engine...Figure out my gearing, tire height, and weight options...

Then it's on..lol...next will be a 323-324" big bore, 10:1, and a custom plumbed fogger on a C&L intake...

Come on man get that done! lol

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its my understanding that porting has a negative effect on low end...one tends to lose velocity, therefore low end torque, but its off set by the increase in hp at the top of the tach. thus the need for lots of gear to help with the loss on the low end. of course the type of cam and intake all have an effect on this as a whole as well.

Agree'd. I didn't loose anything with my cnc heads and 127500 cams but every set up is differn't. Gearing is first for me then power lol

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so the ACT Chromoly lightweight flywheels weigh 14.4lbs (stock is 20-21 if I remember)

Centreforce alum flywheel 13lbs

JP229

forum member
Reaction score
Do the 4.30 gearing first imo. Then again that's what I did with my old set up.. did all the little things that I would need with the heads and cams regardless.
I saw that coming from you lol. I'm torn between the two and its 50/50 from people I ask.

Anyone have any ram air set ups they've tried or seen?? I've seen an s197 that had the filter located right in front of the throttle body like the f-body's and some little ducts leading air to the filter which was blocked off from the rest of the engine bay.. I'm jealous of how perfect the f-bodys can set one up. The two holes in the front lower grill on the camaros feed fresh air right to that filter and supposedly help gain a MPH or two.

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Were are brining you to the dark side. We have cookies yo.

Fucking lol.

I got some custom ground cams in some livernois stage 3 heads I'm sitting on right now. And a 298 stroker. I want to install but can't afford the machine work ATM :(

Corpo

I
Reaction score
I saw that coming from you lol. I'm torn between the two and its 50/50 from people I ask.

Anyone have any ram air set ups they've tried or seen?? I've seen an s197 that had the filter located right in front of the throttle body like the f-body's and some little ducts leading air to the filter which was blocked off from the rest of the engine bay.. I'm jealous of how perfect the f-bodys can set one up. The two holes in the front lower grill on the camaros feed fresh air right to that filter and supposedly help gain a MPH or two.

www.wmsracing.com
I have one, I want to do a gt500 front end with a kr hood cut so it has a straight in scoop to the filter

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back