Any 1 around Cincinnati have a Kenne Bell?

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
I live in Cincinnati and I have been told the best supercharger you can buy is a Kenne Bell. One problem I have never seen or been inside a car with a kenne bell. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Shawn Cpl/USMC

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
Try Ken at www.modulardepot.com

He may be able to point you in the right direction.

Ive already talk to ken and he recommends the hellion turbo kit and I asked him how is the stock driveabiltity with the hellion kit and he said he doesnt know cause he hasnt installed or driven a car with the kit yet. It doesnt make sense to me to recommend a power adder if you dont know anything about it. I also asked greg from MD motorsports for a quote for a completely built motor and the power adder he recommended which was whipple. He called back and gave me a price of $23,000.00 or more and promises only 500rwhp-550rwhp. What parts are they going to use on the block and he replied you give me a motor and I will give you one back. I didnt like his answer especially if Im going to spend $23K on this build and he still hasnt told me what I would be paying for. On top of that I took my 1993 GT to their shop because my check engine light was on. They pulled it in the shop and two minutes later they walked up front and put the keys on the front counter. I walked up and asked the lady at the front counter what was wrong and she said there is nothing wrong cause the scanner didnt detect any codes and handed me a bill for $65. I argued it down to $45 though. Im just not happy with them right now.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also asked greg from MD motorsports for a quote for a completely built motor and the power adder he recommended which was whipple. He called back and gave me a price of $23,000.00 or more and promises only 500rwhp-550rwhp. What parts are they going to use on the block and he replied you give me a motor and I will give you one back. I didnt like his answer especially if Im going to spend $23K on this build and he still hasnt told me what I would be paying for. .

I would call them crazy, that thing better come with forged shortblock, ported and polished heads, cams of choice, fuel system and power adder for $23k. With a built motor you will not even be stretching its legs at 550 rwhp, I would talk to someone like Adam @ ST Motorsports for a motor and choice of forced induction. If not contact Larry_H and get a motor from him. I promise you this, if you spend $23k you should be in the high 600 to low 700 rwhp range

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
I would call them crazy, that thing better come with forged shortblock, ported and polished heads, cams of choice, fuel system and power adder for $23k. With a built motor you will not even be stretching its legs at 550 rwhp, I would talk to someone like Adam @ ST Motorsports for a motor and choice of forced induction. If not contact Larry_H and get a motor from him. I promise you this, if you spend $23k you should be in the high 600 to low 700 rwhp range

He claimed it was a built motor but he wouldnt tell me what it consisted of which pissed me off. Dont get me wrong they do good work that I have seen. But 550rwhp isnt worth 23K to me. I could get a GT500 and put a cold air kit, pulley, tuner and exhaust and make that for less than to have my GT built up. As for Adam I have talked to him and I am seriously considering a 302 stroker, heads, and cams with either a KB 2.8L, his fabricated 3.4L whipple or a D1SC Procharger. Im looking for 650 RWHP. Thanks for your help.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your problems with MD..... good luck whichever way you go.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
23k for what? You should be able to get a kenne bell with forged assembly and all supporting mods from the engine all the way to the rear end for 15k easy. Should be able to get 600rwhp out of it easily as well.

tlt05gt

Larry's Transmission
Reaction score
I live in Cincinnati and I have been told the best supercharger you can buy is a Kenne Bell. One problem I have never seen or been inside a car with a kenne bell. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Shawn Cpl/USMC

I run a Kenne Bell 2.6H on a built motor and I am very happy with it. My motor and all my tuning is done by Adam @ ST Motorsports. Most of the guys out here are switching over to the 3.4 whipple and are put down insane numbers. If you want a motor done right and someone who will tell you exactly what your getting done you need to go to Adam. You wont be disappointed.
:clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back