Any good sites other than tirerack for wheels?

Bart23Sept

Reaction score
Looking for wheels and wondering if there any good sites other than tirerack. Free shipping would be nice, maybe a discount for buying four rims, etc., etc.

If I have to go through tirerack then that's ok but was wondering if there are better options.

Thanks
Bart

unfortunately, the wheels I like are a tirerack in-house brand

I like these at TireRack.com
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...ble&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=Standard+Brakes

Found these at AutoAnything.com, in silver
http://www.autoanything.com/wheels-rims/niche-essen-wheels

Anybody know anything about either? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
have you looked at American Muscle? Apex? LMR? or Need for Speed Motorsports?

all vendors here that sell Mustang fitments

Bart23Sept

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i looked at a few of those sites, i'm looking at the others now.

here's the question though, silver/gray rims or black for a white car???!!!??? and do i ask my wife for her opinion or not? i've been driving a station wagon for five years and a four door Honda Civic (EX with a 5 spd and vtec which was pretty quick actually) before that!

Thanks.

Bart23Sept

Reaction score
Mine :) I wasn't really shopping for a white car but that's the one I got a great deal on so here I am.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looking for wheels and wondering if there any good sites other than tirerack. Free shipping would be nice, maybe a discount for buying four rims, etc., etc.

If I have to go through tirerack then that's ok but was wondering if there are better options.

Thanks
Bart

unfortunately, the wheels I like are a tirerack in-house brand

I like these at TireRack.com
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=F399002GGMS&wheelMake=FLOW ONE Race Spec&wheelModel=F3&wheelFinish=Gloss Gunmetal Silver Painted&showRear=yes&selectedRear=F391504GGMS&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Mustang+GT+Convertible&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=Standard+Brakes

Found these at AutoAnything.com, in silver
http://www.autoanything.com/wheels-rims/niche-essen-wheels

Anybody know anything about either? Thanks.

Those look like the same wheel, just different finish and different brand, the Tire Rack offering is probably what Tire Rack asked Niche to make for them.
Kinda like all the MMD and SR wheels that American Muscle sells, along with their AMR series.
Nothing but the best, made in China of course.

I actually had a set of their AMR wheels and liked them, just wish they were easier to clean. Mine were a matte finish.

As mentioned above, Discount Tire Direct is a good site, especially for tires.

And then there's American Muscle, Late Model Restoration, CJ Pony Parts, and several others.
I usually find the wheel first, then Google the shit out of it until I find the best deal from a reputable place

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Found a set of Saleen Heritage wheels on eBay by chance. Scored a good deal on them, too. But seems like he's already made his purchase - decent looking wheels considering they're from TireRack.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i looked at a few of those sites, i'm looking at the others now.

here's the question though, silver/gray rims or black for a white car???!!!??? and do i ask my wife for her opinion or not? i've been driving a station wagon for five years and a four door Honda Civic (EX with a 5 spd and vtec which was pretty quick actually) before that!

Thanks.

Depends on your taste. Some like the contrast of black wheels on white. I personally don't like black rims unless there is a polished lip so the rim doesn't disappear into the tire. I ran Shelby Razors (black polished lip) on my car for about 6months. It was okay. Then I purchased Vossens 20's in charcoal gray metallic. They looked okay on the car in direct light but wasn't tripping my happy trigger. So I sold them and bought a set of 5 spokes machined face on silver and the complements on that combination outweigh both the other setups combined. But again its your choice and everyone has their own concept of what looks good. Best of luck.

Element Wheels is a good source to look to for wheels. Just make sure you know what offsets you want before ordering to save hassle. One solid thing abut ordering from a Mustang site is that you can be pretty confident the offset will be correct 95% of the time.

Bart23Sept

Reaction score
I can see what you're saying about the black rims and black tires. I really couldn't decide to I asked everybody and almost everyone said black so that's what we're doing. After overspending for the car I can't go crazy for the wheels so that just is what it is. I think they look good and I'm not the crazy driver I once was so I'm sure they'll hold up fine. Maybe a silver or red pinstripe around the outside of the rim would be a nice touch to put on there one day.

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to having the car here soon.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
i1AC26T.jpg

tw7ovfF.jpg

Will leave these up for a day or two for reference.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
White car? Matte gold or bronze.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Gold. Not gold plated, gold finished like a crotch rocket wheel. That or like the Rohanna wheels in that crazy red.
The Mustang I posted is just to show the color I mean, the BBS like wheel stye is a little dated for a S197 car.

_MG_5310.jpg

_MG_7731-1-copy-copy_retouch.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back