2131.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2128.jpg
    2128.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 13

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I play bass, a little acoustic guitar too.

I have a Fender Jazz Special (active J bass/P bass pickups, jazz neck) 4 string and a Schecter Studio Elite Diamond series 5 string. Playing through a Mark Bass Little Mark tube head (800 watts) and matching 2x10 rear ported cabinet. Also run through our 18" JBL sub for gigs.

7aa0dc62ea38590657f228476c26a7f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
I play guitar, probably own more guitars than I actually have talent to play. I have more in cases that I almost never even take out anymore, but can't bring myself to ever sell any of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 19

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Played Trombone in school for 7 years. Took Piano and Classical Piano lessons for 4 years. Parents wouldn't let me take jazz or more contemporary style piano one could use to play in a group. I always envied those people who learned theory and chords and could play by ear. I haven't touched either on over 20 or more years now. I forgot I also play a pretty wicked air guitar, and I still dabble in that from time to time.

My wife has sung our National Anthem for a major league baseball game opening two years back. She plays piano and teaches music, writes lyrics, etc.

Last edited:

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
I have been playing piano for about 10 years and guitar for 7. Used to play guitar and sing in a little group but not anymore.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked up guitar in 1964 (age 6) I've been in a band at all times since 1968. Current classic rock band I'm in has had the same members since 1994. it's been a great add in to my life.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up guitar in 1964 (age 6) I've been in a band at all times since 1968. Current classic rock band I'm in has had the same members since 1994. it's been a great add in to my life.

I wish I could play guitar. Each year my wife's family gets together at their reunion everyone brings their stringed instruments and it is one big gospel, bluegass, and classic country ho-down. At least I can sing bass.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
used to play guitar, just sold it because I was tired of lugging it around when we moved and taking up closet space. Hated to let it go, but it deserves someone that will play it. Was a 1974 Les Paul Custom, 20th Anniversary Edition

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
used to play guitar, just sold it because I was tired of lugging it around when we moved and taking up closet space. Hated to let it go, but it deserves someone that will play it. Was a 1974 Les Paul Custom, 20th Anniversary Edition
Black Beauty?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Been playing guitar for awhile. Played trumpet many years ago. Actually have a music degree (worked as an audio engineer for a number of years). Own more guitars than I have the right too.

stpete

Reaction score
I've played drums since the mid '70s when I was around 10 years old. A few years ago I took up bass also.
I have quite a bit of equipment with drum sets stacked into various corners of the house. My most used drums are also the least exciting - a Ludwig Breakbeats kit. One bag, easy to haul, fits in the Mustang no problem. I also still have the Ludwig set I bought in '76 and upgraded into a double bass '80s hairband setup back in the day.
My main bass is a recent US made P-bass with a Markbass combo amp. Like some others I own more bass guitars than I have the talent for, but the P-bass is the one I almost always grab.

Last edited:

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Any tips for beginner guitar users? I'm trying to learn to pick efficiently. Can't do it without looking at all. Any sort of tips or tricks and some simple strumming songs, simple beginner picking songs, and some with strumming and a little riff/pick here and there.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Start playing scales. Pentatonics are the base for all rock music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Alright, I'll try and do that. Thanks.
I know thats not the most glamorous answer, but its true. Also, dont pick only in the down direction. Start working with alternate picking which is down up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back