Audio Control LC6i

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Any good write ups on how to install this in a 11+? I also have the Shaker500 if that makes a big difference.

Hoping to install my stereo this weekend but I have no experience installing one of these.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went with a Clean Sweep in my truck.

Wouldn't you need an LC8i since you have the door subs? I assume you are adding an amp and sub(s).

Factory Nav?

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
I went with a Clean Sweep in my truck.

Wouldn't you need an LC8i since you have the door subs? I assume you are adding an amp and sub(s).

Factory Nav?

No nav. Door subs and speakers will remain powered off the factory HU. Only currently adding an amp and sub.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No nav. Door subs and speakers will remain powered off the factory HU. Only currently adding an amp and sub.

Then why bother with the LC6i?

Looks like you are using it as a glorified line out converter.

I'm sure most who add an amp and sub aren't going with an LC6i or the equivalent.

Just get an LC2i if what you're telling me is true.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm No stereo guru. I just finished 3 months of research followed with a $2k stereo self installation.

I had an LC6i in hand and planned to install, but returned it and bought a Clean sweep and signal summing interface as it worked best for my application.

You could get by with an LC2i or just a line out converter.

Especially if you aren't swapping door speakers or amping them.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm No stereo guru. I just finished 3 months of research followed with a $2k stereo self installation.

I had an LC6i in hand and planned to install, but returned it and bought a Clean sweep and signal summing interface as it worked best for my application.

You could get by with an LC2i or just a line out converter.

Especially if you aren't swapping door speakers or amping them.

I bought it with plans of upgrading as time/money permits.

I'm swapping door speakers, but I'm not amping them yet.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought it with plans of upgrading as time/money permits.

I'm swapping door speakers, but I'm not amping them yet.

In that case, probably best to get an LC8i now as opposed to an additional LC2i later.

The way I see it, 4 channels for the doors, 2 channels for the door subs, and another 1 channel for the subwoofers.

The way I understand it, if you were to install your LC6i now you'd have to rewire most of your configuration later if you amplify your door speakers and also install an LC2i to run your subs.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
In that case, probably best to get an LC8i now as opposed to an additional LC2i later.

The way I see it, 4 channels for the doors, 2 channels for the door subs, and another 1 channel for the subwoofers.

The way I understand it, if you were to install your LC6i now you'd have to rewire most of your configuration later if you amplify your door speakers and also install an LC2i to run your subs.

I'm still torn on the door subs, so I hadn't planned on upgrading those. Plan was to toss all this stuff in, see how I like it. If it underperforms, then pick up another amp for the door/deck speakers. So basically the LC6i is temporarily used for the single amp/sub, and then down the road potentially another amp. I wanted to go this way first to avoid re-wiring the whole car along with picking up another amp.

And if it all fails, then I'll go the LC8i route, and re-do it all:stooges:

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used the LC6i for the door and rear deck speakers and sub in the trunk. I have the door subs still running from the stock Shaker500 amp. I have the RCA out from the LC6i going to a Kenwood XR-5S 5 channel amp driving 4 Infinity Kappa 682.9cf speakers in the door and back deck and a JL Audio 12W3v3-2 (2 ohm single voice coil) subwoofer in a Zenclosures trunk corner count box. Very good quality sound out of the Shaker 500 head unit. Maybe one day I will upgrade the door subs but I am very happy with how everything sounds now. Here is how the sub setup looked when I first installed it:

I have since installed a JL Audio grill and added a strap to secure the box in place.

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed the LC2i in my wifes Edge. She is running a 5 channel amp and the OEM HU. Freakin amazing.

I have bought the LCQ1....this is my plan.

Try to mount the LCQ1 in the glovebox area. Cut the OEM harness to run the wires to the LCQ1. Preamps to run to my NVX 5 channel amp, then output the amp back to the wires behind the radio and sub amp.

This way I keep my Fader controls.

Accubass is a little tricky to setup....but once you have it dialed in its great.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
I ended up getting this installed and only swapped out the door/deck speakers and then installed my sub/amp just to see how I would like it. I was extremely impressed so I may not end up adding on a second amp for the speakers. Sucks that after the first time using it though, the remote-out quit working and I had to send it back in.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back