Automotive Tools to Use and Avoid

Jamie A

Reaction score
I think they ran about 35 bucks between $30 to $40 but I do believe they have some pivot ones. Haven't seen any but I bet harbor frait or huge tool place would .

Jamie A

Reaction score
battery measuring calibrator

EXCELENT TOOL TO HAVE! Just a pain in the ass trying to.find fitting sockets for bolts. Well fug it , here's your fast solution. Measure the bolt in 3 seconds and and get your exact socket. Also works for measuring inner diameter of bolt holes, washers, ect. Only $30 to $35 bucks at auto store. Worth it even if.you have a big bolt and no big sockets, measure it and know what exact size you need to go buy instead of buying 4 around the.same size for guessing
Measure_Bolt.JPG

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
The best wrench I have found is the ratcheting wrench but the one that bends at the end. It is perfect for all those hard to reach places. I personally dont like the wrenches that have a socket on the ends. Its very hard if you need to put a little bit of an angle to reach the bolt or nut. Now if they made them with a joint at the ends I would be all over it.

Just a heads up, SEARS has the $89.99 7-piece ratcheting, flex head sets for $19.99-$29.99 for SAE and metric respectively. Not a bad deal. Correct price will show up after adding to cart.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944006000P
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00935590000P

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Looks like you must be a member of their shopping club in order to get that price. Click the link in the gold box that says 'Shop all Member preview items' and then go through the registration crap (sign up on their advertising lists).

I already have a 7 piece SAE gear wrench set and hate not having the bigger or smaller wrenches. I'm saving up for the 24 piece metric set on Amazon for $225. Once you have the small set there's no way to fill in the larger or smaller sizes unless you just buy another set and duplicate the 7 middle size wrenches.

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, guys, looks like they closed it.

I keep my eye on slickdeals.net for deals on tools. Stuff like this comes around every now and again.

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry, guys, looks like they closed it.

I keep my eye on slickdeals.net for deals on tools. Stuff like this comes around every now and again.

Bummer. But thanks for the head-up to begin with, Rasmus!

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
I already have a 7 piece SAE gear wrench set and hate not having the bigger or smaller wrenches. I'm saving up for the 24 piece metric set on Amazon for $225. Once you have the small set there's no way to fill in the larger or smaller sizes unless you just buy another set and duplicate the 7 middle size wrenches.

I have the Sears Black Friday section. It reads Gear Wrench 32-pc ratcheting wrench set for $79.99. Prices are effective Nov. 23rd and 24th. At that price, I'm going to have to live with having repeat ratcheting wrenches.

Gerardo

http://www.fatwallet.com/black-frid...mbination-Stubby-Ratcheting-Wrench-Set-SAEMM/

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 40px" width="100%"><ABBR style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" lang=en class=currency title=USD>$</ABBR>79.99
(was $159.99)

Shop Now ► Sears.com
</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top>
Sears.com Coupons

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 40px" width="100%" colSpan=2>
32PC Combination & Stubby Ratcheting Wrench Set, SAE/MM Full Polish Mirror Finish for easy clean. Only needs 5 degrees ratcheting swing arc to move a fastener.Thin head shank allows the GearWrench into the tightest areas. Includes Blow Molded Case for easy storageSet contains - 20PC Combination -1/4",5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16”, 3/4", 13/16”; 8MM, 9MM, 10MM, 11MM,12MM, 13MM, 14MM, 15MM, 16MM, 17MM-12PC Stubby 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 10MM, 11MM, 12MM, 13MM

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 40px" width="100%"></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 40px" width="100%" colSpan=2>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
What did you end of getting? I was looking at the brownline the other day especially for the price

not too bad, im looking for one that goes up to 100ish ft/lb since it will be for arp head studs/ main bolts and suspension ect. i found some reviews on the brownline but not sure if its worth it or not. price seems too good to be true
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032A60W2?tag=atmlinr-20

yeah we use snap on click styles at work and they are great and easy to use/ set torque but i cant justify spending the coin for one unelss i can find a used one cheap

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Ratech pinion depth tool for the ford 8.8 didn't do very well for me, over .020" variance depending where I applied pressure to the face of the pinion gear. Ended up borrowing our local machinist's pinion depth tool again.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back