Bad Sellers

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
CHP doesn't exist anymore in CA, from when Danny bought. So...fucking can of worms...CC may still make Danny whole, but who knows when.

Since I may have to eat it, it complicates my build budget a fucking lot. And my build budget is plenty fucking complicated enough without this shit.

In all my experiences with correct documentation cc company has always made it right. But never had to deal with a company that has gone out of business. Good luck

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Coast High Performance is a bad seller in my book. Ordered rotating assembly 3 months ago and excuse after excuse and lies about when crankshafts will show up.

I feel bad I asked my builder to order from them, now he is fighting them about getting refunded and had to file a CC dispute.

The company was sold to another company down South and the new owner is clueless about modular.

Mad I ever recommended other guys buy from this company.

Just saw this thread over on YB. Looks like CHP has been bought up by some racers. I'm going to assume they aim to improve customer service.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1708786

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread over on YB. Looks like CHP has been bought up by some racers. I'm going to assume they aim to improve customer service.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1708786

Yeah, I saw that and Danny at DB Performance talked to him directly. I have no issue with anyone selling their company, but don't tell someone 1 to 2 weeks from ordering to shipping. I really shouldn't have let it drag out as long as it did. Danny talked to the new owner and he has a steep learning curve for modular.

The supposed problem that caused the delay was SCAT not producing the cranks. I know more than a few guys gave up and canceled their orders.

My rotating assembly supposedly shipped last Tue. We'll see if it shows up this week.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sigh, it showed up, cast rods, wrong wrist pins and no balance card for the crank. Just fucking sham wow tired of fighting this build.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that sucks

Should have had L&M build me a goddamn short block, would have had it already. Although, I place zero blame on my current builder, I am the dumb ass that told him to order from coast.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sigh, it showed up, cast rods, wrong wrist pins and no balance card for the crank. Just fucking sham wow tired of fighting this build.

Hate to read this and I can appreciate your frustration for sure.

T.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Should have had L&M build me a goddamn short block, would have had it already. Although, I place zero blame on my current builder, I am the dumb ass that told him to order from coast.

so let me ask this, I know you pointed Danny to the CHP Dominator kit, did he just order it off the web or did either you or he speak to CHP to discuss the kit & application?

is this the kit?

http://www.coasthigh.com/Ford-4-6L-3V-Dish-Top-5-0cc-Dominator-Kit-p/14759-dm-3v.htm

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so let me ask this, I know you pointed Danny to the CHP Dominator kit, did he just order it off the web or did either you or he speak to CHP to discuss the kit & application?

is this the kit?

http://www.coasthigh.com/Ford-4-6L-3V-Dish-Top-5-0cc-Dominator-Kit-p/14759-dm-3v.htm

It is the .020 over kit. Not sure what was said by Danny when he ordered it. The kit is advertised as 1000 HP +. On YB he is talking about options that that would be less than a 1,000 HP kit, which doesn't make much sense with how the website presents the info.

He says the .120 wrist pins are fine, but Danny said he would never run them in a motor making 1,000 HP.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea, I see all the Dom kits say 1000 hp

crappy situation for sure

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I stirred things up just enough to get it resolved. Haven't talked to Danny yet, so not 100% sure. Holy cow has my patience been pushed right to the edge.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
JDM has poor customer service and has a poor relationship with the truth

I contacted JDM on 2/22/16 about a large purchase I wanted to make and the deciding factor was how quickly they would ship my order. Nick told me it would ship from the manufacturer within 1 to 2 days and I should receive it within 6-10 business days. I immediately placed the order (for $6,500) and asked that they send me tracking information once it shipped. I expected tracking information by 2/24.

I emailed on 2/25 and asked whether my order had shipped. No response.

I emailed again on 2/26. No response.

So I called and spoke to Jim Jr. He told me that part of my order was placed on backorder (this was not the whole truth, btw) so it wouldn't ship until 3/1. Needless to say, I was unhappy about it. I let Jim know I was unhappy but left it at that.

I emailed early on 3/1 to see whether my order had shipped. No response

Called and asked for Nick later on 3/1 and was told he was on the phone. I asked to wait. After 5-10 minutes, I was asked whether I wanted to continue to hold or leave a message. I asked that he call me as soon as he was off the phone. Again, no call back.

Called on 3/2 and spoke to Jim Jr. again. He said most of my order was shipped the day before but had to check on the backordered item. He also said he would get tracking information, then call me back with info on the backordered item and the tracking information. No call back.

Emailed again on 3/3 expressing my disappointment and got an email from Nick. It turns out that the shipment was delayed because JDM was placed on a credit hold by the manufacturer. Nick also proceeded to make excuses about why he didn't respond, but what he wrote didn't line up with the facts. He promised to contact me today with an update.

I got a call from Nick today and it turns out my order didn't ship when Jim Jr. said it had. It supposedly shipped today, but who the fuck knows because they still can't provide any tracking information.

I will never, ever, buy anything from JDM again.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Joe,

^^^

Sorry about that but it can and does happen sometimes with vendors.

I have had it take place in the Home Theater as well as Car parts over the years.

Dealers getting put on a CASH Basis with the Manufacturers.

Terry

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After the great recession, nobody and I mean NOBODY wants to carry inventory. From the manufacturer to the shops. Everything is a goddamn battle.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After the great recession, nobody and I mean NOBODY wants to carry inventory. From the manufacturer to the shops. Everything is a goddamn battle.

I knew when I placed the order that they didn't have it in stock. That's not the point. The point is that my order didn't ship when it was supposed to because they were placed on a credit hold (I can only assume they've had problems paying their bills), then they lied about why it wasn't shipped after ignoring my emails and calls.

No way to do business! And they won't be doing any with me in the future.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I knew when I placed the order that they didn't have it in stock. That's not the point. The point is that my order didn't ship when it was supposed to because they were placed on a credit hold (I can only assume they've had problems paying their bills), then they lied about why it wasn't shipped after ignoring my emails and calls.

No way to do business! And they won't be doing any with me in the future.

Not defending, just noticing other guys in the same boat unfortunately.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back