Bare block

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I have for sale a bare block out of my 05 gt. This block was decked, line honed and fitted with arp main studs. The bad news is this block will need to be taken another .010 over(this was according to a reputibal machine shop) to get rid of some verticals lines in the bores bringing it to a total of .040 over. It doesn't even have 20 miles run time since the machine work so everything is still flat straight and true just need a bore. Only reason I'm selling is it's cheaper for me to pick up another block and put my rotating assembly in it than getting new pistons and rebalancing.

Main caps are included I just didn't have them on in the pics.

I'd like $200 for it, preferably local pickup but will ship if buyer coordinates pick up and shipping. I'm located in central/west nj. Would be willing to drive out a little bit and meet up as long as to not too far. Any question feel free to ask.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I thought the furthest we took the 4.6 was 30 over?

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I've read of builders taking them as far as 70 over, not that I would ever do that. The general consensus is 30 over max, but I've never heard of anyone that has taken any of the aluminum blocks further than that having any sort of issue. I've seen a few teksid build pushed pretty far and make serious power and hold up fine.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Do all of the cylinders need to go another .010 over or is it just one that was damaged? And what happened where there's only 20 miles on it but it was damaged like that?

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Do all of the cylinders need to go another .010 over or is it just one that was damaged? And what happened where there's only 20 miles on it but it was damaged like that?

The shop made it seem like they’d all need another .010 to be cleaned up. The damage was a dumb move on my part, I didn’t use the proper break in lube so basically until it got oil pressure the pistons were raw dogging. Luckily my pistons were fine.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Bump price lowered $200, arp studs no longer included i decided to hang on to them for a later project. Hate for this block to end up at a scrap yard but it might be headed that way.

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
does anyone stock pistons that are .040" over? or would you need to have custom pistons made.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
does anyone stock pistons that are .040" over? or would you need to have custom pistons made.

I haven’t done much looking, but more than likely they’d have to be custom. I haven’t seen anything over .030 on the usual modular part sites.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back