Better response and fuel out of v6

JEvans1213

Reaction score
I had to replace the throttle body on my 2010 mustang. I put oem part back on it but the throttle sucks when u go to get on from a dead stop. What is a low budget fix to that? I'm also having problems with it throwing the check engine light after I fill and when I code test it the code mentioned to check the gas cap but mine doesn't have a gas cap. Any advice to help me with these problems?

Tman

forum member
Reaction score
When I got a tune for my V6 it drastically improved the throttle response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I had to replace the throttle body on my 2010 mustang. I put oem part back on it but the throttle sucks when u go to get on from a dead stop. What is a low budget fix to that? I'm also having problems with it throwing the check engine light after I fill and when I code test it the code mentioned to check the gas cap but mine doesn't have a gas cap. Any advice to help me with these problems?

The 4.0 V-6 is not a performance engine but a tune can improve throttle response. A tuner is not cheap though. The fueling problem is usually caused by topping off your tank after the nozzle clicks. It gets fuel in the evap canister.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
What codes causing the check engine light? Fix codes first, it will likely fix the delay/bog.
There is an identical post in the 3v section. Changed TB, and same issue.

It almost sounds like the throttle new bodies are updated parts, and need a flash update.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
For #1 (response) - trade for V8, for #2 (CEL) - get your emissions system serviced.

Tale85

Reaction score
A V6 has no low end. A tune will help but you won't make much power until 2500 to 3000 rpm. Changing the rear axle ratio will help tremendously. Personally I went with a 3:73 gear set with a posi unit. As for replacing the throttle body, did you do the Relearn procedure. If not, there are YouTube videos that will show you how.

JimC

Reaction score
Regarding changing the rear end: swap to an 8.8". Don't try to build your 7.5" rear end. It is cheaper to just swap it.

You can use any GT or Shelby rear end from 2005 to 2010. Any Mustang from 2011 to 2014 will be an 8.8.

Some if the 2011 to 2014 will have the correct pinion flange. For a 2005 to 2010 you need to swap your flange with the cobra flange

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back